XR600 Electric Start?

do you have the starter motor bosses on the motor like the XR600 did?

No I see in the fische I need the case or just fab a starter bracket off of the rear motor mount. I am getting all the OEM Honda Estart stuff off Fleebay for less then $450.00 to my door!

Bill

Didnt a particular year XL600 come with estart?

Not that I could find. I wish I could find one. But conversions are ok too!

Bill

Here are the different model XL600's. As usual those of us in the US didn't get the good ones...XL600LM and XL600RMG

XL600R

106907889-M.jpg

XL600LM

106907842-M.jpg

XL600RMG (electric start)

106907890-M.jpg

:mad: why does one need an electric start on a dirt bike for? my xr600r starts with no trouble at all. it has compression release that i don't even know how to use.
:mad: why does one need an electric start on a dirt bike for? my xr600r starts with no trouble at all. it has compression release that i don't even know how to use.

Well how about I am disabled with bum right knee such as torn maniscus(sp) and torn ligament(sp) but still enjoy the sport that much and I am willing to suffer a little but if I can make my lif easier I am.

just buy a 650l engine..............

just buy a 650l engine..............
Its a very tamed down version of the 600 motor. :mad:
Its a very tamed down version of the 600 motor. :mad:

So your saying the 600R motor has more balls than the 650L???:mad: Ist it due to the difference in stroke?:mad: I assumed that the 650L was a better motor and had more power.

Bill

Yes, the 600 is higher compression, lighter flywheel, different tranny gearing and has a more aggressive cam. It is also quite a bit lighter.

I had a 85 XL600R, and a buddie had a brand new 05 XR650L. We'd go riding on the street and the 2 bike were pretty good but I'd still leave him in the dust on the dirt. Even thought the 650 had all the sweet XR off road suspension, the xL out powered it.

Kool so with a big bore kit mine will be even more aggressive! SWEET!

The XR600R is about 47 pounds lighter than the XRL, has more HP and TQ and yes it is because of the cam, porting, head design, higher compression, and the gearing in the tranny. A stock XR600R will spank a 650L, by quite a margin! I raced a guy on his 99 XR650L that had a H comp piston, stage one hot cam, headwork, FMF powerbomb full race exhaust, and a Mikuni 41mm flatslide, I whomped him and all I have doen is a 11:1 610cc, slipon, jetting and airbox mods. Spankage!

Any updates on adding an e start to xl600r engines? I am thinking about getting an 80's xl600r and commiting to the project.

Parts/cost/pics?

All info appreciated.