K&N Question

Why don't they make a K&N filter for the 2006 YZ450F, and if they do were do you find one.

They don't sell them on the K&N website

So, just order from a different website... :thumbsup:

They are no better than stock or aftermarket foam filters....in fact they are a real pain to clean, with K&N only cleaner, dry and reoil with K&N only oil and reuse :ride:

.......the problem is dirtbikes get dirty filters very quick, cars/trucks which are great for K&N filters do not get as dirty as quick....unless you are a desert racer....if you buy these for dirtbikes get at least 2 to keep rotating them

you are better off just buying 2 foam filters and rotating them :thumbsup:

They are no better than stock or aftermarket foam filters....in fact they are a real pain to clean, with K&N only cleaner, dry and reoil with K&N only oil and reuse :ride:

.......the problem is dirtbikes get dirty filters very quick, cars/trucks which are great for K&N filters do not get as dirty as quick....unless you are a desert racer....if you buy these for dirtbikes get at least 2 to keep rotating them

you are better off just buying 2 foam filters and rotating them :thumbsup:

yea i agree!!!

Did you read what I posted? A filter for an '03 will fit.

Then read the thread I linked to before you blow a lot of money on a fancy piece of ineffective junk.

K&N's have their advantages in certain applications. Hi performance off road bikes is NOT one of them. K&N's can flow a huge amount of air..... AS LONG AS THEY STAY DRY. If you ingest water into your air box, the K&N's quickly get water logged, and gag your engine of air. Besides, I always say, if K&N's were that good in a YZF, Yamaha would have one in there stock.......