HEADS UP!!!

Site upgrade in progress... Core site functions are working, but some non-critical features/functions will be temporarily unavailable while we work to restore them over the next couple of weeks.

Please post any bugs you encounter, but before you do, check to see if it's already listed.

Thanks for your patience while we work to improve the community.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
phixeous

K&N Question

9 posts in this topic

Why don't they make a K&N filter for the 2006 YZ450F, and if they do were do you find one.

They don't sell them on the K&N website

So, just order from a different website... :thumbsup:

They are no better than stock or aftermarket foam filters....in fact they are a real pain to clean, with K&N only cleaner, dry and reoil with K&N only oil and reuse :ride:

.......the problem is dirtbikes get dirty filters very quick, cars/trucks which are great for K&N filters do not get as dirty as quick....unless you are a desert racer....if you buy these for dirtbikes get at least 2 to keep rotating them

you are better off just buying 2 foam filters and rotating them :thumbsup:

They are no better than stock or aftermarket foam filters....in fact they are a real pain to clean, with K&N only cleaner, dry and reoil with K&N only oil and reuse :ride:

.......the problem is dirtbikes get dirty filters very quick, cars/trucks which are great for K&N filters do not get as dirty as quick....unless you are a desert racer....if you buy these for dirtbikes get at least 2 to keep rotating them

you are better off just buying 2 foam filters and rotating them :thumbsup:

yea i agree!!!

They don't sell them on the K&N website
Did you read what I posted? A filter for an '03 will fit.

Then read the thread I linked to before you blow a lot of money on a fancy piece of ineffective junk.

K&N's have their advantages in certain applications. Hi performance off road bikes is NOT one of them. K&N's can flow a huge amount of air..... AS LONG AS THEY STAY DRY. If you ingest water into your air box, the K&N's quickly get water logged, and gag your engine of air. Besides, I always say, if K&N's were that good in a YZF, Yamaha would have one in there stock.......