HEADS UP!!!

Site upgrade in progress... Core site functions are working, but some non-critical features/functions will be temporarily unavailable while we work to restore them over the next couple of weeks.

Please post any bugs you encounter, but before you do, check to see if it's already listed.

Thanks for your patience while we work to improve the community.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Motosprtman

Xr650l 14/45

6 posts in this topic

so I hear alot of L riders like to run 14 /45 sprockets vice 14 /48. I would think this would give you a bit more top end while maintaining more torque down low. Is this the case?

I run a 15/45 on my L and it has great highway speed. I have run the 14/45 it's great for off road but I ride mostly highway. It's cheaper and easier to change the front sprocket than the rear. JMO :thumbsup::ride:

I like the 14 / 48 for off raod but I am finding it too buzzy for the street, used to loaf at 55-60 in 5th now it is like you should still have one gear left. Thinking of leaving the 14 on and putting the stock 45 back on.

I am running 14/45 with D606's. It is perfect for my riding style/area. It goes as fast i can legally go on the freeway (65mph, honest mr. ossifer, i wasnt going 75...) without sounding like a weedwhacker on espresso & has plenty down low for puttering around on trails in the woods. The 48 would be better for the woods, but the 45 works better for me all around.

I am currently running 14/42 and it is great for the 30 miles of expressway to and from work.