07's....

For some reason I was under the impression that they were discontinuing the XR. I really hope not though. I plan on getting a 650R in the near future and possibly keeping my 600R as a second bike.

Only in Australia have they been discont

WE dont have 07s

And technically I think we dont have 06s - whats left is 05s.

For some reason I was under the impression that they were discontinuing the XR. I really hope not though. I plan on getting a 650R in the near future and possibly keeping my 600R as a second bike.

I'm thinking the '07's will be the last of it. There's far too many rumors going around and where there is smoke there's fire. Can only hope that come '08 we are pleasantly surprised with a newly tooled beast.

Honda usually unveils new bikes at the annual dealers meeting in a few weeks.

While there are plenty of rumors of a fuel injected, street legal CRF600x--we will all have to wait and see. They have the bike--but making the decision to release it is going to take some huevos.

One rumor is its released overseas first, and only after success will it be brought to the USA.

I have no idea what will happen. Maybe they will surprise us.

KTM is releasing an all new 640 bike--new motor, street legal, ebutton, etc. -- it looks like one hell of a baja blaster. Husqvarna is selling all the 610's it can make. ?

Worry when Honda says they are not going to race the Baja races anymore. Until that day. Consider them in safe hands.

So these rumors that Honda is going to discontinue the XR 650, are these rumors from a friend of a friend who's brothers son by his second marriage heard it from a guy who heard it from someone who works for Honda?

The point I'm making is why would they dump this bike if it's still selling. I don't know what Honda shows for their profit margins for the 650, but if they are still moving these bikes why would they change. The 600's were around for what 14 years and they sold like crazy.

I guess the argument would be other manufacturers are leaving Honda in the dust with new technology and I agree, it would be nice to see a few changes with the 650 however I don't think Honda is looking at to much more then what their profit margins show. Bottom line is if the 650's still sell like hot cakes why change anything.

When I write this I really don't have a clue to how will the xr650 sells anymore. For you who say Honda's dropping the line how do you really know.

So these rumors that Honda is going to discontinue the XR 650, are these rumors from a friend of a friend who's brothers son by his second marriage heard it from a guy who heard it from someone who works for Honda?

The point I'm making is why would they dump this bike if it's still selling. I don't know what Honda shows for their profit margins for the 650, but if they are still moving these bikes why would they change. The 600's were around for what 14 years and they sold like crazy.

I guess the argument would be other manufacturers are leaving Honda in the dust with new technology and I agree, it would be nice to see a few changes with the 650 however I don't think Honda is looking at to much more then what their profit margins show. Bottom line is if the 650's still sell like hot cakes why change anything.

When I write this I really don't have a clue to how will the xr650 sells anymore. For you who say Honda's dropping the line how do you really know.

They dont sell like hotcakes.

They are probably like stihl chainsaws - slow and steady sales not spikes or worldbeating sales growth

I did a little research on Honda's fiscal year end profits and found the following. For North America only.

2000 394 thousand units sold

2001 519

2002 590

2003 610

2004 656

I can not find a breakdown of individual bike sales or information on 2005 & 2006. Anyone care to take a look for unit sales on the xr650r. If we can find that info maybe we can all take an educated guess what Honda may do in the future with this bike.

Worry when Honda says they are not going to race the Baja races anymore. Until that day. Consider them in safe hands.
I wouldn't tie Honda's participation there with the future of the 650R. Honda raced there before it was around and no doubt will after it's gone...whether it be with a CRF600X or whatever.

I heard that the CRF600 will replace the XR650 for 07. CRF600.... oh my stomach..... Laughing soooo hard. Where do these idiots come up with these rumors?
Don't laugh too hard. In fact you can almost count on this for the future. Just don't fixate on the the current CRF 250/450 as your image. There is no open MX class anymore. This bike will be an XR650R replacement and will be a CRF in name only because that's the prefix the Honda marketing types are infatuated with...just as the CRF230 or CRF50 (Z50?) have nothing to do with "racing" CRF's! ?

I've seen the '07 XR650R's at my local dealer....$6349. I don't think much has change beside those bold graphics.

The L's aren't there yet and that's kinda what I'm interested in...the salesman said they often wait until after some show or unveiling before releasing models that have "significantly" change, but i don't think the L is changed any from '06....

?????

Don't laugh too hard. In fact you can almost count on this for the future. Just don't fixate on the the current CRF 250/450 as your image. There is no open MX class anymore. This bike will be an XR650R replacement and will be a CRF in name only because that's the prefix the Honda marketing types are infatuated with...just as the CRF230 or CRF50 (Z50?) have nothing to do with "racing" CRF's! ?

Exactly.... The XR650R will be re-badged as a CRF650X. Same bike, some fancy new graphics, higher price and they will sell all they can make. It's not rocket science.

I only laugh my ass off at the wingnuts that think there will be a big bore CRF450R AKA CRF600R. Now that is some funny stuff.