Just bought a like new 96' XR600R (Pics) 56K Beware!!

That bike is beautiful. My XRs an 84 and 87 do okay in the arizona heat. I have found that if I can handle it so can the bike.

Thanks for the nice comments guys!:thumbsup: I wouldn't sell it if these new bikes weren't so expensive. I do however like the new bike for riding trails, you can really throw it around. When I hop back on the XR it's weight makes itself known.

Nice ride, wish mine was that clean. I have the White Bros pipe on mine. It is huge and ugly, but effective, so I dont care. When I first got the bike, I googled the pipe, and it showed exactly how many discs to put in it for optimum performance. Just a suggestion. Have fun with the money pit, er, bike. Just like the rest of us...

1900 sounds about par.

Is the XR still for sale? Where are you located? Thanks

No, No Don't sell her!

Store that baby for ten years and you will have a bike worth ten fold.... Trust me.

Yes it is for sale, I have one individual interested but needs a few days to get things worked out. If he doesn't buy it, it is definetely up for grabs. I live in Elko NV. I am willing to meet the buyer in either Reno, Salt Lake City, or Twin Falls Idaho unless the buyer is closer than that to me than we can meet somewhere in the middle.

The bike will come with an XR's Only choke Plate which will need some sanding to fit right. The one they sent me doesn't fit like it is supposed to an I don't have time atm to work on it. I will also include an HRC racing piston that will take the cc's to 628cc and 11:1 compression. I got this incase I ever wore out the original. It has a new Twin-Air air filter in it and I still have the original air filter. I have the original exhaust that is brand new. It was taken off before the bike left the dealer. I also have a shop manual that will go with her. The original tools also come with the bike. The gear for the odometer that is on the front axle that the odometer cable hooks to has a broken gear so the odometer don't work. The actual odometer and cable are fine. I bought it with less than 500 miles on it and since I have riddin it 6 times for about 1.5 hours each ride. I changed the oil and filter every 2 rides. I does still look like the pics and I have never recked it.

Thanks for the responses!:thumbsup:

And your selling her WHY???? The money is that much to you? you have a MASTERPIECE! Put it in glass and save it!.....is your wife making you do this?

Be a man, you can not have enough toys in the garage! Once you get them they are part of the family. Tell her, you don't sell them they are like children/pets don't you see?

And your selling her WHY???? The money is that much to you? you have a MASTERPIECE! Put it in glass and save it!.....is your wife making you do this?

Be a man, you can not have enough toys in the garage! Once you get them they are part of the family. Tell her, you don't sell them they are like children/pets don't you see?

Lol! You are quite convincing. However, I must sell her. I have only 6 months to pay off $3100 on my new bike. I am also going to college and don't have alot of extra cash. So at the cost of buying a new toy for my riding pleasure and sacrificing time at work to go to school, I am selling her to make up the difference.

Lol! You are quite convincing. However, I must sell her. I have only 6 months to pay off $3100 on my new bike. I am also going to college and don't have alot of extra cash. So at the cost of buying a new toy for my riding pleasure and sacrificing time at work to go to school, I am selling her to make up the difference.

Yes, I understand my son. We all must make sacrifices in our lives and this sounds like one of those for you.

As I look back on those losses I have in the past, I wish I had known what I know now about keeping valued Passions for the longevity and not for the short term.

It was not uncommon for me in my earlier years to hold two jobs while I was attending school to make ends meet. I wish you the best of luck in all of your endeavors my friend.......Beautifully bike! May I weep for her. :thumbsup:

Yes, I understand my son. We all must make sacrifices in our lives and this sounds like one of those for you.

As I look back on those losses I have in the past, I wish I had known what I know now about keeping valued Passions for the longevity and not for the short term.

It was not uncommon for me in my earlier years to hold two jobs while I was attending school to make ends meet. I wish you the best of luck in all of your endeavors my friend.......Beautifully bike! May I weep for her. :thumbsup:

This wouldn't be a problem had my dumb ass gone to school right out of high school but no... I was to busy messing around with girls and having fun. Now at 30 years old and no time to mess around anymore (excluding bike time lol). Gotta get things going.

Thanks for the encouragement :applause:

Well everyone, the bike is gone. Sold it today.

Thanks for the replies and interest.

Ron

Mine is for sale, click on my garage to see or go here: http://albuquerque.craigslist.org/mcy/207227767.html

, it is almost as clean, it is basically stock except for graphics and a Cobra spark arrestor. I have loved the bike, but I got into a KTM 525 today. After 7 Hondas, it is the first of anything else.