HEADS UP!!!

Site upgrade in progress... Core site functions are working, but some non-critical features/functions will be temporarily unavailable while we work to restore them over the next couple of weeks.

Please post any bugs you encounter, but before you do, check to see if it's already listed.

Thanks for your patience while we work to improve the community.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
4chevys4me

05 Yzf 450

2 posts in this topic

I need some help. This is for my friends bike. Bike has always run a little rough. Popps on deceleration and just seems off. How is the jetting on these bikes from the factory( lean/Rich )? He only uses it for trail riding and has had it 2 years now. When we tried to go out Sunday he only made it about 1/4 mile. Popping and spitting till it just died. It tried to fire once after that, but nothing. Plug looked like it may be a little lean. Could it be time for a top end? I have no idea how finiky these bikes are. Any help would be great.

Thank You

Paul

Jetting from factory is lean, but it should run more than 1/4 mile. Did he buy this brand new? Popping on decel usually is a good hint of lean jetting as well. A new top-end would be a pretty extreme circumstance and it shouldn't need anything like that for quite a while.