HEADS UP!!!

Site upgrade in progress... Core site functions are working, but some non-critical features/functions will be temporarily unavailable while we work to restore them over the next couple of weeks.

Please post any bugs you encounter, but before you do, check to see if it's already listed.

Thanks for your patience while we work to improve the community.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Thumper_426

Buying New 07' WR450F!

22 posts in this topic

Haven't been online for a while. Been busy with other stuff. No bike either as of now. Putting money down on a new WR450F soon as dealer accepts. Wife finally caved in and said whatever makes me happy as of late this evening! I was gonna buy a new bike anyways unbenouched to her anyways. Has anyone heard of any major changes to the new 07' bike as far as like rear wheel sizes or gearing, like sprokets/chain sizes vs. 06' style? I am going to buy all new goodies over the winter and install them before the first ride of the new year is why I'm asking now. As far as header pipe goes and pipe. Any suggestions?

Thanks........Mark :thumbsup:

I couldn't stand being without a bike, I bought the last '06 WR450F here in town. I still have money down on the '07. If I can afford it also, I might keep it or sell it after I get it. Time will tell. Theres at least 3 months here left of riding, and watching everyone else ride, drove me nuts. I tried to post photos, but it won't let me.

Mark

All i know is that it has a alloy frame, and looks more race orientated like the YZF

Like the back light mounting underneath & the sump guard, is that standard.

Guards are standard I heard from dealer today. Dealer said they should see 4 or 5 new 07' WR450F's sometime in November. Back light is way cool also. Bike has more H.P. and Trq. for 07' also. Don't know the specs yet. But looks like I might have the bike before christmas. Just in time to let it sit all winter and admire it in the garage for 5 months!

Mark :thumbsup:

I too have a deposit on one same time frame here in arizona but the weather will be grat for riding. let me know if you get somw info on aftermarket stuff.

kinda makes me wish I would have waited another year. I guess you could always say that though and then you would never get one lol. I love my 06 great bike.

Engine oil is now no longer in the chassis above the motor, oil amount has been reduced and is stored lower down to lower centre of gravity with a 720cc oil tank at front of motor thus removing the need for all the oil piping.

pics up close n big

2007_WR450F_DPBSE_US_19_tcm22-128588.jpg.html?g2_imageViewsIndex=2

:thumbsup:

Engine oil is now no longer in the chassis above the motor, oil amount has been reduced and is stored lower down to lower centre of gravity with a 720cc oil tank at front of motor thus removing the need for all the oil piping.

pics up close n big

2007_WR450F_DPBSE_US_19_tcm22-128588.jpg.html?g2_imageViewsIndex=2

Thanks for the info. Bike is supposed to be here in November also, or first week of December. Living in Alaska,everything and anything takes more time to get items once in a while. I've ben w/o a bike for 1 1/2 years. I bought a WR450f cause of that magic button and I've riden one also. I was very impressed with what the WR450f I rode, now mine will finally be here in a few months. Oh yeah, I had to buy the wife a new 4x4 wheeler before I picked up my new bike, gave it to her last night, shes happy she has a ride of her own now, but is still asking me, how much is your new bike!? haha.....

Mark

I called FMF today about exhaust system. They said I should be able to buy new set up by Christmas or maybe a bit sooner. Going with the Power Bomb and Q2 muffler. They're getting the WR's next week for testing is what I was told. Man, now how cool of a job would that be to have!? Thanks for the info. peter francis....... :thumbsup:

Mark

I called FMF today about exhaust system. They said I should be able to buy new set up by Christmas or maybe a bit sooner. Going with the Power Bomb and Q2 muffler. They're getting the WR's next week for testing is what I was told. Man, now how cool of a job would that be to have!? Thanks for the info. peter francis....... :ride:

Mark

I think you will find that they will just use the one for the '06 YZ450.

http://www.fmfracing.com/products/catalog.aspx?CategoryID=222&ItemID=044166

So, in reality, you can go out and buy a pipe for it right now!!! :thumbsup:

I spoke with the Yamaha dealer here,they seen the new line up in Nevada last month though, and were very impressed. Therefore the pipe may not bolt up to the rear like '03 to '06 styles. The motor being at a different angle as well. FMF said that the header will be redesighend as well. It's sort of a must, unfortunately. So, me buying a new muffler isn't a very good idea just yet, as bad as I want to buy everything for the bike right now, and install them durring christmas break. I'm gonna have to wait til all dealers start to sell parts for '07 bikes.

Mark

I was gonna buy a new bike anyways unbenouched to her anyways. :

It is easier to ask for forgiveness then to ask for permission

I spoke with the Yamaha dealer here,they seen the new line up in Nevada last month though, and were very impressed. Therefore the pipe may not bolt up to the rear like '03 to '06 styles. The motor being at a different angle as well. FMF said that the header will be redesighend as well. It's sort of a must, unfortunately. So, me buying a new muffler isn't a very good idea just yet, as bad as I want to buy everything for the bike right now, and install them durring christmas break. I'm gonna have to wait til all dealers start to sell parts for '07 bikes.

Mark

Yeah, the '06 YZ alloy frame!!! Guarenteed the '03 - '06 WR pipes won't fit!

I wonder if the new fenders and lights will bolt onto the older bikes? (06)??? That would be rad! I love the new look!

Yep, I bought an '06 WR450F. Now I'm looking to do the free mods to get all the bikes H.P. fun. I tried to post photos, but it won't let me.

Mark