426 conversion finally complete!

This is my 2002 426 when I bought it a few months ago:

426beforeleft.jpg426beforeright.jpg

After riding it a couple of times to make sure it was mechanically sound I did this:

Before1.jpg

It's now complete (I just need to clean the chain and put it back on):

426left.jpg426right.jpg426front.jpg

I had been saving for an '06 since I had an old smoker. I realized I really wanted a green sticker bike so this was my solution..

Awesome job.:censored:

Did you use a 426 exhaust or 450?

I have the stock header and the FMF Q2 is for an '02 426 (which is what the bike actually is). I have been thinking of geating a FMF header as I have been told that is what the Q2 was really designed around.

Awesome job!:applause:

Did you paint or powdercoat the frame?

In the second finished pic it looks almost like it has a wrinkle finish.

I'm getting a 450 this spring, so I think my old 426 will be getting a summer face lift.

Awesome job!:applause:

Did you paint or powdercoat the frame?

In the second finished pic it looks almost like it has a wrinkle finish.

I'm getting a 450 this spring, so I think my old 426 will be getting a summer face lift.

You have a pretty good eye. I went with a semi gloss black when I powder coated the frame but that isn't what you see in that picture. If you look at the airbox I covered it with a "clear" bumpy material that is supposed to help you keep traction between your legs and the bike. Several companies make similar stuff but I just got the brand my local Yami dealer had in stock. Anyway, I used some of that to cover the frame rails on each side of the bike.

how did you get a black gas tank???????

Is a YZ airbox and a WR airbox the same on the 03-05 450's?

That is a nice looking bike.. :applause: