2006 YZ450F Jetting

Hi guys and girls,

I am new to the site and just bought a new 06 450F. I live at about 1500' elevation and ride in 80-100 degree weather. Just wondering if the stock jetting is about right. Haven't broken in the motor yet maybe sunday!!!! Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks

Hi guys and girls,

I am new to the site and just bought a new 06 450F. I live at about 1500' elevation and ride in 80-100 degree weather. Just wondering if the stock jetting is about right. Haven't broken in the motor yet maybe sunday!!!! Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks

Congrats you bought the best 450 out there but it does have lean issues from Yami ?

It will be off guaranteed....go to a 45/48 pilot and 165/168 main jet and you will be happier about your purchase

The Doctor Doug Dubach says 45 Pilot NFLR Needle on the 4th clip position 165 main. I tried that setup yesterday and it worked great.

I was running the 48 pilot and 170 main with stock needle in the third position. It worked pretty well but not too crisp off the bottom.

I'm running 48 Pilot with the stock 165 Main. Runs pretty good, still popping a bit, but a slight pop is normal. I may even want to lean it up to a 45, the plug is black...which means it's on the rich side.

The Doctor Doug Dubach says 45 Pilot NFLR Needle on the 4th clip position 165 main. I tried that setup yesterday and it worked great.

I was running the 48 pilot and 170 main with stock needle in the third position. It worked pretty well but not too crisp off the bottom.

What elevation are you at and what temperature are you running in?

I'm in So Cal, we went to I-5 MX

It was 98 F at 9:30am peaking at 110 F (it was stupid to ride!)

the elevation is 3811 Feet

I have power nows in both sides of the carb and a DMC pipe.

I just checked the fuel screw and it is 2.75 turns out, I think I need to reinstall the 48 Pilot jet for a lower altitude and cooler temps.

I have never heard of Dennis Kirk. You have a Kiehin carb that takes a 42 pilot stock, which is very lean unless you are riding up very high altitude. Go to your local Yamaha shop and ask for a 45 pilot and a 48 pilot and you'll be set. oh yeah, and get a T-handle fuel mixture screw that is easy to access (this is at the bottom of your carb, it shows it all in your manual) The stock screw is impossible to get at so quick trail side adjustments are virtually impossible. Good luck!