HEADS UP!!!

Site upgrade in progress... Core site functions are working, but some non-critical features/functions will be temporarily unavailable while we work to restore them over the next couple of weeks.

Please post any bugs you encounter, but before you do, check to see if it's already listed.

Thanks for your patience while we work to improve the community.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Majesticman

Sprocket

9 posts in this topic

I just bought a 05 wr 450 and need to get a larger sprocket while I get used to the bike. Any recommendations of what size I need?

Instead of going up in the rear go down one tooth in front.

I did that and never went back. Trails in my area are mostly tight and rocky or rooty.

A 13 T front allows me to almost 'tractor' around tight stuff with almost no throttle input.

Front cog = $15.00

Rear cog = $50.00

I did that and never went back. Trails in my area are mostly tight and rocky or rooty.

A 13 T front allows me to almost 'tractor' around tight stuff with almost no throttle input.

Front cog = $15.00

Rear cog = $50.00

The same thing I did......it works great :thumbsup:

RSWR450F,

dude, nice bike. 06? how did you get the blue side plates? paint? sticker? another 450?

I just bought a 05 wr 450 and need to get a larger sprocket while I get used to the bike. Any recommendations of what size I need?

I would leave it stock at 14/50, 15/50 might be too high for gearing on stock bike. I found I lost all sense of accelleration. Well, maybe that's what you want?

Front cog = $15.00

Rear cog = $50.00

Thanks.......... Looks like you have the fix. Did you have to break the chain? :thumbsup:

Thanks.......... Looks like you have the fix. Did you have to break the chain? :thumbsup:

No you don't, but you will have to move the adjusters all the way in to do it if you don't have a clipped masterlink.