Sprocket

I just bought a 05 wr 450 and need to get a larger sprocket while I get used to the bike. Any recommendations of what size I need?

Instead of going up in the rear go down one tooth in front.

I did that and never went back. Trails in my area are mostly tight and rocky or rooty.

A 13 T front allows me to almost 'tractor' around tight stuff with almost no throttle input.

Front cog = $15.00

Rear cog = $50.00

I did that and never went back. Trails in my area are mostly tight and rocky or rooty.

A 13 T front allows me to almost 'tractor' around tight stuff with almost no throttle input.

Front cog = $15.00

Rear cog = $50.00

The same thing I did......it works great :thumbsup:

RSWR450F,

dude, nice bike. 06? how did you get the blue side plates? paint? sticker? another 450?

My home made sprockets:

Home made sprockets, explain in more detail!!!!!!!

I just bought a 05 wr 450 and need to get a larger sprocket while I get used to the bike. Any recommendations of what size I need?

I would leave it stock at 14/50, 15/50 might be too high for gearing on stock bike. I found I lost all sense of accelleration. Well, maybe that's what you want?

Front cog = $15.00

Rear cog = $50.00

Thanks.......... Looks like you have the fix. Did you have to break the chain? :thumbsup:

Thanks.......... Looks like you have the fix. Did you have to break the chain? :thumbsup:

No you don't, but you will have to move the adjusters all the way in to do it if you don't have a clipped masterlink.