HEADS UP!!!

Site upgrade in progress... Core site functions are working, but some non-critical features/functions will be temporarily unavailable while we work to restore them over the next couple of weeks.

Please post any bugs you encounter, but before you do, check to see if it's already listed.

Thanks for your patience while we work to improve the community.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
elcamino76

thinking about the DSP power now???

6 posts in this topic

i know this has been talked about but the stupid search is downs i tried searching last night but no luck, i just havent had any time. so my question is if the power now is worth the money for the 450's or is there something else i should look into for the money??? whats a good price for these????

The concept of the Power Now is to improve air flow into the carb at throttle openings of less than half with the intention of improving part throttle performance. In a 250F, they actually do accomplish some improvement. However, the 450's, particularly the earlier ones, are already unbelievably snappy and IMO, there isn't anything to be gained from using one. The '05 was a bit softer off the bottom, and to a lesser extent so is the '06, but that's due to differences in the ignition map, not a problem with the carb, and it can be addressed, if you want, with a programmable ignition like a Vortex.

I believe the Power Now is a waste of money on the big YZF.

The concept of the Power Now is to improve air flow into the carb at throttle openings of less than half with the intention of improving part throttle performance. In a 250F, they actually do accomplish some improvement. However, the 450's, particularly the earlier ones, are already unbelievably snappy and IMO, there isn't anything to be gained from using one. The '05 was a bit softer off the bottom, and to a lesser extent so is the '06, but that's due to differences in the ignition map, not a problem with the carb, and it can be addressed, if you want, with a programmable ignition like a Vortex.

I believe the Power Now is a waste of money on the big YZF.

I have the power now plus on the front and back of the carb of my 06 and love them.

I had the same setup on my 05 which made the bike fee like all bottom and midrange even after porting the head and flowing the carb. The 06 likes it as the new ignition curve has less initial advance and has more over rev capability than the 05.

Consequently the 06 is a little more soft off the bottom but not mine!

I need the torque to get my butt off the corner.

i know this has been talked about but the stupid search is downs i tried searching last night but no luck, i just havent had any time. so my question is if the power now is worth the money for the 450's or is there something else i should look into for the money??? whats a good price for these????

There is more than enough info here to make one for next to nothing and try it out for yourself.

My experience has been they rob a bit of top for little gain in throttle response.

Your 03 will get the best bang for the buck with a JD Jet kit and the JD Accell pump kit.

I have the Powernow, Quickshot, Twinair powerflow kit, JD Jet kit on my 03.

the powernow just adds some crispness to the throttle response that is all for 89/99 bucks