HEADS UP!!!

Site upgrade in progress... Core site functions are working, but some non-critical features/functions will be temporarily unavailable while we work to restore them over the next couple of weeks.

Please post any bugs you encounter, but before you do, check to see if it's already listed.

Thanks for your patience while we work to improve the community.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
robsgt

anyone know what pilot jet?

12 posts in this topic

I'm trying to order some pilot jets and have been looking online and it says 21 series or 22 series pilot jet for kehienin carb. Anyone know. I checked the manual and it doesn't say. Thanks.

The dealers around here are not very knowledgeable and have to order parts anyway so I just order them myself. I got the number out the back of the manual and did a search for it and it never comes up.Thanks.

Given that we have no idea what year and model bike you have, we aren't very knowledgeable at the moment either.

I am 120% sure it is the 21 series. I have bought 2 48 pilots for mine and a friend of mine. It is the 21 series!!

I just ordered both series from the shop I work at. The 22 series is a little bit different than the 21 series.

There is a very simple way to tell! If the threads are on the larger part of the jet it's 21 series, if the threads are on the small part of the jet it's a 22 series. :thumbsup:

Sorry forgot. Its an 06 yz450. Isn't that what everyone has! Haha. Thanks guys.

A #45 is PN 4MX-14948-05-00

A #48 is PN 4MX-14948-06-00

And yes, they are Series 21 jets.

To throw a monkey wrench in the 48/170 theorey that burned came up with

Dr. D says to run a 45 PJ with an NFLR Needle and a 165 main.

The needle is Yamaha part number 5TA-14916-LR-00.

I may try it this weekend, Ill keep you posted.

Except for the needle, that's exactly what I'm running. Let us know how it works.

Eddie's jetting was an estimate based on how the bike ran in the winter 9and at 5500 feet). Not too bad a guess.

Yeah I was going to try the 45 first and go from there. I also have the boy. acc. pump cover and a fuel screw to put in while I have it down to grease everything up. It might be a week or two though since I have to order it.

I am 120% sure it is the 21 series. I have bought 2 48 pilots for mine and a friend of mine. It is the 21 series!!

I just ordered both series from the shop I work at. The 22 series is a little bit different than the 21 series.

A bit different indeed.

It's 1 more and did I mention I can turn my amp up to 11.

Dirty