HEADS UP!!!

Site upgrade in progress... Core site functions are working, but some non-critical features/functions will be temporarily unavailable while we work to restore them over the next couple of weeks.

Please post any bugs you encounter, but before you do, check to see if it's already listed.

Thanks for your patience while we work to improve the community.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
astros

spark arrestor for '04 YZ450

5 posts in this topic

Looking for something where all I have to do is drill out the rivets and put an end cap on. I thought the TT store once sold something like this, but couldn't find it anymore.

DR.D makes a Spark Arrestor End Cap also. I've got one, but haven't had the chance to ride with it yet. I also drilled and tapped the end cap instead of re-riveting it. (anyone see a problem with this?)

I know the TT store has the quiet core inserts, so I'm sure if you call them they can get the end cap as well. :thumbsup:

I also drilled and tapped the end cap instead of re-riveting it. (anyone see a problem with this?)

One problem would be that the bolts may come loose, but loctite should take care of that.

If you're running the stock can, breakdown and spend the fun tokens on the Pro Moto Billet sparky. I've got one and it looks great and allows you to remove the screen if you'd ever have a hankering to do so.

I'm also TT's resident factory Loctite Rep, no kidding, and the temps should be fine and below 300F to use a Blue threadlocker should you choose to thread and tap an endcap onto the end of your can. I think rivets would be better though.

Dirty