Well, here it is...

have you ever seen the movie yellowbeard? I recommend

Red.............welcome to Yamaha and good luck w/ your new ride. I have the same bike and the more you ride it the better it gets. :thumbsup:

I could use a little more bottom end, but don't want to ruin the way the bike puts the power down. It's so tractable right now, I don't want to screw that up.

VORTEX!

What could be better than tractable one minute, flip the switch and you get tire roasting low end response the next. The stock '06 smooth delivery is very useful in a lot of situations, but the Vortex makes the bike more fun.

I'm very happy with the results I got from the Vortex, I run it in "best overall power" mode 90% of the time, only once in a while I'll tune it down for a spot I need smoother power delivery. The "best '05 curve" seems to have a pretty strong very low end pull, great for 1/8 to 1/4 throttle cruising around in the woods or climbing technical stuff. It accelerates so much harder and faster off the super low (almost chugging) bottom end with the Vortex. The stock setup would tend to not want to "pull out" of the bottom end at times without a little stab at the clutch. Just like advancing the timing in your car, it's not so much a HP thing, it's how fast the motor builds rpm, which means faster acceleration. With the Vortex you gain more speed (acceleration) cracking the throttle at 1/8 than the stock setup would give at 1/4.

Don't expect big differences in the top end, that's not what changing the timing curves affects that much. It does seem to get up into the rev limiter faster (even with the limit being higher), but I don't think there's much difference in peak HP.

Enjoy the '06, it is an awesome bike. If you're on the fence about trying a Vortex I'd say go for it! I think there's more gains to be made in the ignition than in exhaust or anything else bolt-on.

I could use a little more bottom end, but don't want to ruin the way the bike puts the power down. It's so tractable right now, I don't want to screw that up.

I run a 50T rear sprocket and never shift out of third or fourth gear. It makes it really fun to ride.

:thumbsup:

Your truck pic don't work for me...

how the hell did you find that pirate with a yamaha hat on, thats crazy.

how the hell did you find that pirate with a yamaha hat on, thats crazy.

One of our fine TT'ers made it and sent it to me. :thumbsup:

One of our fine TT'ers made it and sent it to me. :thumbsup:

sweet.....i need a avatar :ride:

You could find a pic of Georgia online. . .

:thumbsup:

Tim do you mean like a pic of the state? nah...I need something catchy......something cool.....no women, no actors, something unique......I should call Miami Ink :cry: or anyone here got some ideas? :ride:

RedBeard yours is cool, catchy who did it....I should commission them... :thumbsup:

Tim do you mean like a pic of the state? nah...I need something catchy......something cool.....no women, no actors, something unique......I should call Miami Ink :cry: or anyone here got some ideas? :ride:

RedBeard yours is cool, catchy who did it....I should commission them... :thumbsup:

DanielHoerr did my current one.

That's one of the things I like about the Dr.D exhaust system. It fattens up the low and mid without really altering the character of the bike much at all.
DanielHoerr did my current one.

Ummm, just wondering, considering all the work put into it, why is his beard not red?

Ummm, just wondering, considering all the work put into it, why is his beard not red?

Because I went from a Honda to a yellow Yamaha.

Because I went from a Honda to a yellow Yamaha.

Fair enough, now I feel like an idiot!