Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
idiot_on_426

08 yz

17 posts in this topic

i know its far away and we havent even started cracking into the 07 yz450, but just curious, if anyone knows. since it didnt come with fuel injection for 07, will it be there for the 08 for sure, or does no one know? cause if it is for sure, im gonna wait for them to come out!!

My source says that it appears at this time the 08's will have EFI. Remember though, nothing is for sure until the time gets closer. We are still a year or more away from the releases of the 08's.

i remember when they started putting an electric throttle position sensor on yz's. the way some acted you would've thought the world was gonna end.

The big 4 are experimenting with efi on certain bikes, over on the japan race circuit. The new transworld had some shots of the bikes., i think suzuki allowed them to take a bunch of pics.

EFI isnt the be all and end all..............IS IT??
No, actually. It's just the cutting edge. But it's so far superior to carbs when it's done right that it's not even funny. Starts every time, always jetted right, never floods, the list goes on.

Later, we'll work on electronically controlled, pnuematically operated variable valve timing for the masses. :thumbsup:

i remember when they started putting an electric throttle position sensor on yz's. the way some acted you would've thought the world was gonna end.
A point well taken. And very similar to the reaction those same people (or their relatives) had when the move to electronic ignitition went down. And long travel suspension, unit construction, overhead cams, and.....

Would any of them ride a '36 Indian in an MX?

The big 4 are experimenting with efi on certain bikes, over on the japan race circuit. The new transworld had some shots of the bikes., i think suzuki allowed them to take a bunch of pics.

Hey, welcome to 3 months ago :thumbsup:

i am almost jealous of my dad with his fuel injected cannondale ...it always runs perfect..no rejeting when putting on different pipes or engine mods and is fully programable. efi is the future. yamaha has the technology..just look at there 700 quad. honda has even taken the first step to running there montesa trials bike on fuel injection that doesnt require a battery. suzuki has it on there 450 quad. kawasaki has it on one of there utility quads. give it another year or two u will see efi becoming mainstream. i have a feeling tho that we will be seeing it on trail bikes first

may i also add that yamaha has fuel injection on there Phazer snomobile which literally has 2 yz 250f motors in it. yamaha has the right stuff they just need to put it into production on the bikes

Who's your "source"?

Does it really matter who it is? Although my answer was somewhat vague, that is as positive as it can be right now....and that comes from YMC itself. Who knows what another 6-8 months of R & D will bring. EFI is a very strong possibility on the 08 YZ-F's. Don't read between the lines.

probably a completely new engine ................ new everything......and why are we speculating? The 06 and 07 are sweet enough not to have to worry about it.... :thumbsup:

I just spoke to a guy who saw with his own eyes factory EFI YZ's on the asian circuit. He saw them in Guam which I think is the first race of the series. As for making it into production bikes in '08...all signs point to a definite maybe. So now if they have efi and need a battery, then maybe kickstarters will disappear like on the new KTM.

I would love to not have to worry about jetting and bog off zero throttle.

I did consult my magic pirate skull about the 08's coming with FI and it said,

"No way, argghh" so I asked it again and it said, "Nay Scallywag" so I asked it one more time and it said, "The seas look rough".

It's not looking good fellas.

I would love to not have to worry about jetting and bog off zero throttle.
or flooding, or difficult restarts after a crash or a stall...