HEADS UP!!!

Site upgrade in progress... Core site functions are working, but some non-critical features/functions will be temporarily unavailable while we work to restore them over the next couple of weeks.

Please post any bugs you encounter, but before you do, check to see if it's already listed.

Thanks for your patience while we work to improve the community.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Conan_'dale

Front sprocket on '00WR400?

6 posts in this topic

How many teeth will a "stock" front sproket have on my '00 WR400?

If I go down one tooth will that give me more low end grunt? I don't care about loosing top speed, I want more low end.

I believe stock gearing is a 14 tooth front. Lowering 1 tooth to a 13 tooth will give you less top speed but greater accelleration and torque.

it's surprising how much difference one tooth makes.

going to a thirteen will also make a little more slap on the swing arm.

i would stick with 14 and go bigger on rear.

hope that helps

I would drop a tooth on the front, it's easier to remove and replace. Between chain and sprockets replacements I will switch from a 13 to a 14 to a 15 depending on what terrain I'm riding or racing. I keep a 50 T on the back, with an impact gun the front spocket takes about 3 - 5 minutes to change.

Yes as mentioned above, 1 tooth can make alot of difference but I like it, the majority of the time I am running the 13T front and it allows for 3rd gear riding of some of the sweetest northwest single track we have :thumbsup:

Thanks fellas! I will go for the 13 tooth in the front!

SJMC_DON - are you on the west side or east? Yes, we have some of the best single track riding anywhere!

Thanks fellas! I will go for the 13 tooth in the front!

SJMC_DON - are you on the west side or east? Yes, we have some of the best single track riding anywhere!

West side...... but I ride everywhere.

This weekend I'll be in Gold Bar for the Buttstomper (24 hr team race), then it's a week long vacation down in the Gifford Pinchot NF near Mt. St. Helens :thumbsup: But I love riding the east side Cashmere, Mad River, Teanaway, Manashtash it's all good! And then once a year my club puts on the Desert 100 so I get to spend a week riding in the desert. :ride: