Front sprocket on '00WR400?

How many teeth will a "stock" front sproket have on my '00 WR400?

If I go down one tooth will that give me more low end grunt? I don't care about loosing top speed, I want more low end.

I believe stock gearing is a 14 tooth front. Lowering 1 tooth to a 13 tooth will give you less top speed but greater accelleration and torque.

it's surprising how much difference one tooth makes.

going to a thirteen will also make a little more slap on the swing arm.

i would stick with 14 and go bigger on rear.

hope that helps

I would drop a tooth on the front, it's easier to remove and replace. Between chain and sprockets replacements I will switch from a 13 to a 14 to a 15 depending on what terrain I'm riding or racing. I keep a 50 T on the back, with an impact gun the front spocket takes about 3 - 5 minutes to change.

Yes as mentioned above, 1 tooth can make alot of difference but I like it, the majority of the time I am running the 13T front and it allows for 3rd gear riding of some of the sweetest northwest single track we have :thumbsup:

Thanks fellas! I will go for the 13 tooth in the front!

SJMC_DON - are you on the west side or east? Yes, we have some of the best single track riding anywhere!

Thanks fellas! I will go for the 13 tooth in the front!

SJMC_DON - are you on the west side or east? Yes, we have some of the best single track riding anywhere!

West side...... but I ride everywhere.

This weekend I'll be in Gold Bar for the Buttstomper (24 hr team race), then it's a week long vacation down in the Gifford Pinchot NF near Mt. St. Helens :thumbsup: But I love riding the east side Cashmere, Mad River, Teanaway, Manashtash it's all good! And then once a year my club puts on the Desert 100 so I get to spend a week riding in the desert. :ride: