HEADS UP!!!

Site upgrade in progress... Core site functions are working, but some non-critical features/functions will be temporarily unavailable while we work to restore them over the next couple of weeks.

Please post any bugs you encounter, but before you do, check to see if it's already listed.

Thanks for your patience while we work to improve the community.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Live To Ride Mike

How Do I Place ad On EBAY for A Tittled Frame? Ebay kills ad?

22 posts in this topic

I am trying to sell a NJ DMV tittled frame on EBAY and ebay kicks that add off saying that it must be sold with the bike. I think it may have something to do with the wording, if I do not mention that the frame is tittled, then I am sure it will sell for a lot less and that is what I think the highest price item (who knows, maybe I am wrong) on the 426 anyway. Any advice would be appreciated.

This is what e-bay says

"The sale of frames with titles are not permitted on eBay without the accompanying vehicle"

Mybe something along the lines of

"for sale, 426 with tittle, missing parts, only the frame is usable. Does have tittle!

John in Vegas

I'm willing to bet that if you're selling a titled frame they considerate a vehicle so therefore needs to be listed as such, which is going to be more expensive because it is a flat fee of say $35 if I remember correctly then when it sells another flat fee. If you sell it under 'parts' they could be seeing this as you trying to get around selling a vehicle (although very far from complete) through the parts category and trying to save some money... I say do not put that you have the title in the actual eBay title, and then mention in the description that you do still have the title/registration papers if so desired.

People on eBay looking for frames aren't stupid, they know what they are looking for if they are looking for a frame, I have people ask me all the time if I have a title for my 1979 TT500 frame that is sitting in my garage, and I mention nothing of a title in my ad.

Josh

Just be careful of continually trying to get around whatever rule you are breaking, they might shut your account off temporarily from listing.

J

Great thread here... This would explain why I have a hard time finding frames with titles.. I build old Honda minis and for me the ultimate find would be a clean frame with a street title, I look all the time with no luck, I had no idea it might be a problem selling them on ebay, interesting. Like others have said, try different ways to list the frame. You don't necessarily have to put title in the header of the auction, just put it in the body of the description...

Dan

T_I_T_L_E

Did not work :-( I am afraid to try again, but maybe I could try with a second picture of the actuall Tittle, but they already shot me down 2x, a 3rd and It may get a premant ?

Great thread here... This would explain why I have a hard time finding frames with titles.. I build old Honda minis and for me the ultimate find would be a clean frame with a street title, I look all the time with no luck, I had no idea it might be a problem selling them on ebay, interesting. Like others have said, try different ways to list the frame. You don't necessarily have to put title in the header of the auction, just put it in the body of the description...

Dan

you can search the descriptions too, not just the titles.

I sell on ebay for a living cause I tune GM computers and I have 8 warnings now for listing my website PCMamerica.com in the listing and still havent been suspendid. If I totalled my violations I would be above 10 and no more than 20.

Jeff

Looks like "Pink" is the answer

was the 2000 YZ a 426 and not a 400 as stated in the eBay ad?

I'm hoping someone could shed some light on registering a purchased titled frame. I understand at least in California, when you go to register a bike with a new title that the DMV is checking the VIN on both the frame and the engine. These numbers don't have to match? Are they just insuring that neither the frame nor the engine is stolen? Sorry for what might be a stupid question and getting a little off topic, I have been searching for the answer without any luck.