Rim compatability question

Anyone know if a KTM rim will work with a yamaha hub? Rim is an Excel for an 03 250 EXC and the hub is off my 06YZ450. Figured there might be someone out there who knows.

As long as the wheel has the same number of spokes as the hub it should work fine.

I was thinking the same thing but I was just worried about the spoke pattern and the angle of the holes in the rim. I think I am gonna give it a shot. Thanks

I was thinking the same thing but I was just worried about the spoke pattern and the angle of the holes in the rim. I think I am gonna give it a shot. Thanks
You're on the right track with that line of thinking. Apart from the number of holes, the angle of the holes and its compatibility with your lacing pattern can be a factor. If the difference is very slight, you can "adjust" the angle slightly with a drill, making the holes no larger (unless this is required by the spoke nipples), only changing the angle slightly. I have done this in the past with rims that were weaker than the current Excels, but the procedure carries obvious risks, and should be undertaken advisedly.

Also important is how well the nipples seat in the dimples in the rim. The load bearing face of the nipple should fit in the dimple like a ball in the right sized socket.

Check it out carefully, and good luck.

Thank you grayracer. I will report on my findings.