XR Part Interchangeability ?

I just bought a 1995 XR 650L with a blown motor. I was wondering what year motor and plastics will work on the bike.

98, on I think since a time ago while I was searching for some parts i couldn't find parts for my '05 model so I called the site and was told 98'on should do it,sure enough it did fit right.anyways get a 2nd opinion.good luck

As far as I know, any year XR650L will work, and also just about any year XR600R.

Any one knows if there are 600R years that won't fit, chime in!

Dave

left side panel, no 600R years will fit the 650L :ride:

600's dont have battery boxes. I am aware of this because i had one land on me saturday afternoon, and i got a real close look at it. :thumbsup:

left side panel, no 600R years will fit the 650L :ride:

600's dont have battery boxes. I am aware of this because i had one land on me saturday afternoon, and i got a real close look at it. :thumbsup:

I was indeed neglecting the 'plastics' portion of his post.

Dave

You'd need XRL side panels but Im pretty sure everything else off the XRR would work from 91-99. I have a 92 and 96 XR600R and everything except the air box is the same.

I found a motor off of a 94 XR650L will this work on a 95 XR650L?

I found a motor off of a 94 XR650L will this work on a 95 XR650L?

Yes, the only REAL change that isn't compatable with ALL XR 600s or 650s (L) is the one with two carbs, so if the motors both have only one carb they will be a fine swap.