HEADS UP!!!

Site upgrade in progress... Core site functions are working, but some non-critical features/functions will be temporarily unavailable while we work to restore them over the next couple of weeks.

Please post any bugs you encounter, but before you do, check to see if it's already listed.

Thanks for your patience while we work to improve the community.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
timothypg

reduceing handle vibration

12 posts in this topic

my fingers fall asleep after about 5 mi. drives me crazy. does anyone think filling the handle bars with expanding foam will cut down on this problem.

i tried some new grips, forget the name but they are supposed to have jell, no help though. i'll look at the flexx bars.

my fingers fall asleep after about 5 mi. drives me crazy. does anyone think filling the handle bars with expanding foam will cut down on this problem.

I use flex bars, barsnake, Gel grips and gel gloves.

you can also try leaded weights tha fit at the end of the handle bars,chek in the cruiser parts areas,they should know better....

I have exactly the same problem. Very annoying. I have stock bars and grips on my XR650R 06'. It was suggested to me to try softer thicker grips and fill the bars with silicon. I am going to change the bars and bar height anyway, but will try the grips first. Let me know how you go.

ProTaper Contour bars took alot of vibration out (amazing how much) & Pro Grip Gel grips helped a good bit.

I did the exact same thing on my XR600R and it worked great but also do a barsnake and it'll be unbeleivablely better. Good luck!

Get a set of fastco antivibration inserts. They have been working great in my KX250 pinger.

If you want to go to the extreme, you can pull your crank/piston and have it balanced. I noticed a slight improvement in a friend’s KTM on vibration (which was not that noticeable to begin with) and the bike revved faster. I am thinking about doing this next winter if I decide to rebuild.

all good ideas. thanks. i was thinking about the silicone thing also, or maybe some cork? the flex bars look good but a little pricey. the pro tapers and bar snake look good too. it get's dangerous shakeing my hands back to life when i'am in heavy traffic, gotta do something. tim