HEADS UP!!!

Site upgrade in progress... Core site functions are working, but some non-critical features/functions will be temporarily unavailable while we work to restore them over the next couple of weeks.

Please post any bugs you encounter, but before you do, check to see if it's already listed.

Thanks for your patience while we work to improve the community.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
quailboy

squirly rear tire

10 posts in this topic

i just got my 99 yz400f running. first time on a big race four stroke and i notice that even on pavement(worse on dirt) that the bike tire goes a little squirly while accelerating. do i need to just deal with it or put more weight on the real wheel? any suggestions? i tried the search thing and didnt find anything. thanks

What tire? What pressure? What condition is the tire in?

Also check that the wheel is properly aligned.

new tire not sure what brand. when i put the tire on the side with the chain is a fraction of a fraction of a inch to far back. will that change anything? and do i want less pessure for more traction or what?

You have to much air pressure in the tire. Put only 12 psi in the tire and you should be fine. Run both front and rear tire at 12 psi.

thank you i will try that. i wont bend my rims or anything i do some pretty tough trails. i dont really ride on the track

Put the bike on a stand. Try to wiggle the rear tire back and fourth. If it wiggles then you need new bearings. If it doesnt then try what everyone else has said. My .2 cents.

just got new rims tires and bearings i think its the tire pressure cause the shop i took them too pumped them up and they felt pretty hard. thanks everyone

Also try running a gear higher than your used to. It's not a 2 stroke so it will pull w/ torque rather than revs. :ride:

just got new rims tires and bearings i think its the tire pressure cause the shop i took them too pumped them up and they felt pretty hard. thanks everyone

they pump it up to like 30 psi to seat the bead. :ride: