dubach bar mounted hot start

this thing is trick as hell, and they only want $95 for one.

later,

ronin118524-1.jpg

What a sweet design...wish I didn't already have the Terry Cable unit...how the hell do you guys post pics on here? :)

What's Dubach's website?

Brian

I ordered one of these beauties yesterday. I know it has been said before, but Gina Dubach was great to work with over the phone. She also explained to me that this unit is a bit different than the Ty Davis unit which is a "tube full of air". She indicated that the Dubach unit is an extension of the stock hotstart button and does not affect the carburation. Not that I heard of problems with the Ty model, but as an engineer I enjoy the "brain candy" nonetheless. I'll post my thoughts after I get a chance to install and try it out.

Brian :)

I can't see it....Can you get in there a little closer?

Damn...something else I'll have to add to the signature.....

Bonzai :)

YZ WHINER, look at that thing. someone actually had to sit at a CNC machine and program it to make the control mount, they had to source the little plastic lever, have cables made to length, make an interface to the current hot start system and then market it, test it, and make sure it would generally work. Oh I guess you didnt realize that this is a free country and if it is that crappy of a price, use our FREE MARKET SYSTEM and make em for less and then sell them. neat how things work isnt it?

Got mine today ,it's great took about 5 Min to install. looks great and it's out of the way, but only a thumb reach away.

Originally posted by Ronin:

this thing is trick as hell, and they only want $95 for one.

Only want $95?!?!?!? That's a rip just like the Ty Davis one. This 4 stroke pricing is making me feel like I own a Harley Davidson again! I really find it hard to believe this a a $100 worth of cable and hardware.

robman......now I'm confused? Does a P-38 work on a 00 carb? Thought that it didn't and that's the reason the BK mod came to be? Anyone shed a little light on this? :)

That is trick!!!!!!! I want one for my WR & one for my YZF......any quantity discounts?

Does it attach to the hot start button on the FCR like the Terry??????? How is it different??

Originally posted by BlueThunder:

robman......now I'm confused? Does a P-38 work on a 00 carb? Thought that it didn't and that's the reason the BK mod came to be? Anyone shed a little light on this? :)

It will work on any Keihin FCR. The BK mod only works on Yamaha's proprietary Flat CR which comes on the WR/YZF starting in the 2000 model year.

Hick...the P-38 accomplishes the same thing as the BK mod, correct? Shortens the accelerator pump spray time to approx. 0.3 to 0.5 secs. duration? Thought the P-38 was for pre-2000 FCR's and the BK mod was for 00 and newer? Am I misinformed? Or am I confusing the KL mod into this? :)