Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
motocross10113

Works Rad Braces?

14 posts in this topic

Check These out i just wanted some works rad braces to protect them what are these cages??? does it do the same thing just differnt for the 06??

The cages are the new design for the 06's. I have a set on my bike, and they really make the rad mounting much more solid.

so its just like the works braces that i put on my 05 yz250 its just a new for the 06 450?

Yep, the '06 needs different ones, for '06 models...so you can't use your 05 if that's what your thinking.

can you still use the DR. D radiator lowering kit with the cages?

Great question! Anyone tried that yet?

I've had the WC braces for about a month now. Taken one really big hit to the right. The first two outside rows of fins got crushed in and the shroud and mounts are tweaked in a little bit. The radiator doesn't leak. Overall I think the braces did a great job.

I love mine!! lets the rad breath and strengthens for impacts...just no spear protection, but you gotta give something up.

The 06 450 rads are already lower than in previous years, the lowering kits are aimed at the 250F's which didn't get lowered rads. I'm sure they could be used, but I don't know.

You still use the stock louvers, just have to trim them a little. I have a set on my 06 and think they are great. Go ahead and order a set.