Groin Protection??

Anyone use any kind of soft cup? My 8 y/o son cased a jump a few times at the track & hurt himself down there? Now he is afraid to jump it. Do you think a soft cup like those used in other sports would be of any help? I was thinking it might at least help him mentally.

I don't use anything, but I cased a huge double tuesday and landed like right on the tank, and where the seat starts...I was hurting for a few.

Sure, give the soft cup a shot.

EVS ultimate shorts have padding in the groin. Check into that, it could help.

There have been a few threads about cups and other protection:

http://www.thumpertalk.com/forum/showthread.php?t=281698

http://www.thumpertalk.com/forum/showthread.php?t=286994

http://www.thumpertalk.com/forum/showthread.php?t=242769

I think that most people don't wear them, but I've always felt better wearing a hard cup. What's a soft cup?

I think its more like a jock strap with more padding. Here is a site with all kinds. Some of them look like they might not be to bad for motocross.

http://internationaljock.com/golden-tiger-groin-cup-supporter,3515.html

I had a pretty nasty ball crusher session a couple weeks back. As I was rounding a long sweeping turn I went to sit down and as I was just about to sit my butt on the seat I hit a braking bump and slammed the boys into the gas cap. It hurt so much that I had to pull off to the side of the track and proceeded to massage my sack until some guy yelled out "Are you okay?". The I quickly realized that I was standing in front of the bleachers, which were full of people, with my pants unzipped massaging my sore balls! I was a little bit embarrassed. :ride:

I don't think I could ride with a cup. The last time I wore a cup was in high school when I played football, and even then I would just wear my jock without the cup because I couldn't stand the thing.

I had a pretty nasty ball crusher session a couple weeks back. As I was rounding a long sweeping turn I went to sit down and as I was just about to sit my butt on the seat I hit a braking bump and slammed the boys into the gas cap. It hurt so much that I had to pull off to the side of the track and proceeded to massage my sack until some guy yelled out "Are you okay?". The I quickly realized that I was standing in front of the bleachers, which were full of people, with my pants unzipped massaging my sore balls! I was a little bit embarrassed. :ride:

I don't think I could ride with a cup. The last time I wore a cup was in high school when I played football, and even then I would just wear my jock without the cup because I couldn't stand the thing.

Hahahaha :ride: Yeah, same here...last time I wore a cup was in football, which I quit playing because Motocross.

screw cups take it like a man, then confide in a quite place weep quitely and massage ur balls, or get ur gurl friend to masage them.

It hurt so much that I had to pull off to the side of the track and proceeded to massage my sack until some guy yelled out "Are you okay?". The I quickly realized that I was standing in front of the bleachers, which were full of people, with my pants unzipped massaging my sore balls! I was a little bit embarrassed. :ride:

now that's f***ing funny

cant say i worry about hitting the boys that often...roost scares me more than the tank...although i did have a few experiances with each.

ARHAHAHAHHA!!!!!

Why go with the "soft" cup. Isn't a hard cup better? You can get those at any local sporting goods store.