HEADS UP!!!

Site upgrade in progress... Core site functions are working, but some non-critical features/functions will be temporarily unavailable while we work to restore them over the next couple of weeks.

Please post any bugs you encounter, but before you do, check to see if it's already listed.

Thanks for your patience while we work to improve the community.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Rocky

Jingle sound-it’s not even Christmas yet!

3 posts in this topic

I have changed my timing to YZ spec. tried the Baja Design jet kit and it did not work (too rich). I am back to the stock jetting (165 main, 45 pilot and stock needle on 4th clip). Air box lid and the exhaust insert removed. Air screw at 1 ¼ out.

Bike starts on first kick and idles good. After warm-up if I twist the throttle open very fast there is a momentary bog. If I open it slowly then no problem.

When I am riding, there is a spot between approximately ¼ to ½ throttle open, I hear a jingle sound. It sound like there is loose screw or a metal piece somewhere in or around the motor. The sound is not there at idle or ½ to full open throttle. Is this pinging sound??

I have not checked the plug yet.

Thanks

Hi Rocky,

I'm somewhat new to this WR/YZF stuff but it sounds to me as your too lean at the bottom. I was writeing to ask you about the Baja kit, is it worth it? and what's in it?

Thanks

Mike

the baja kit consists of:

Instructions to change timing to YZ

YZ throttle stop screw

48 pilot

172 main

OBDV R needle

it is around $25. since i am not running an aftermarket pipe, the BJ jetting is way too rich.