I may have found a good deal????

YAMAHA YZF 400 '02. Exc cond, ridden little, well-maintained, $1800 - think it's a good buy?????

No deal, '02 was a 426cc bike. 2000 was the last year for the 400 (I think)

2000 was the first year for the 426. In 01 they went to the titanium valves.

I don't follow the quad market, but are you since you listed as a YZF 400, do you possibly mean the quad? If that is the case, I can't tell you anything about good deal or not or even what the typical engine is.

not a good deal.. around here you can et a 03 yz450 for that.. for that matter you would prolly be better off buyin that yr crf 450..just my opinion.. also if you have not ridden a big bore before you may very seriously want to get a 250f instead

not a good deal.. around here you can et a 03 yz450 for that.. for that matter you would prolly be better off buyin that yr crf 450..just my opinion.. also if you have not ridden a big bore before you may very seriously want to get a 250f instead

Thanks for the advise. I am a total noooooob when it comes to dirtbikes, but I gotta start somewhere. :ride:

If you can get an '03 YZ450 for 1800$ you should crate all of them up and bring them here. You can get 4500$ CDN a piece here.

the 03 450's here are going for about $3k...maybe I should find someone in NY to ship me one.

What are you smoking Dooweb2? There are no yz450f's for $1800 in ny unless theyre beat/in pieces. I looked hard to find a bike for me before I bought my bike for $2000 and that was a good deal. Really though, let me know what your smoking, I should probably get some. :ride:

The owner don't even know his bike is a 426 and not a 400...hmm.

Wow!

I should have driven to NY. I just picked up an '01 426 for $1800 and that's a very good deal here in the heartland.

The owner don't even know his bike is a 426 and not a 400...hmm.

thats exactly what i thought!