Auto Decompression Cam?

I'm sure this has been discussed before so pardon my ignorance and I apologize if I am bringing it up again...but here's my question: Will the exhaust cam from a 450 work on my 02 YZ426 without making any modifications?

Other than having the auto decomp is it the same, i.e., same lift and duration as the 426 cam?

Does it matter which model year 450?

Also, what do you do with the existing release valve?

Does it help with low RPM stalling?

OK...I am apparently retarded. It just dawned on me that there are 98 pages of posts regarding this subject. Never Mind!

It's just good to see that you realized it. Happy modding!

OK...I am apparently retarded. It just dawned on me that there are 98 pages of posts regarding this subject. Never Mind!

That's just in one thread. Regardless, the answers are:

Yes

No

No (but the '06 hasn't been used that I know of)

There are a number of options, and,

No, but it makes bump starting ridiculously easy, and you should be able to re-light the engine without stopping in many cases

The hotcams autodecomp cam stopped my 01 from stalling almost completely. You almost have to try and stall it whereas before it would lock up if you looked at it funny. To me, that has turned out to be the biggest benefit of the mod.

It also runs more lift and less duration. Changes the powerband a little. Smoother and longer would sum it up.