HEADS UP!!!

Site upgrade in progress... Core site functions are working, but some non-critical features/functions will be temporarily unavailable while we work to restore them over the next couple of weeks.

Please post any bugs you encounter, but before you do, check to see if it's already listed.

Thanks for your patience while we work to improve the community.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Goosedog

Fuel filter that fits the 426

10 posts in this topic

After too many crap in the gas experiences I've decided to put fuel filters on my 426's. Has anyone found a brand small enough to fit well on so short a fuel line?

No not here. I usually don't keep any fuel in my bike for long periods. I would just make sure the tank and fuel petcock is clean and don't go with a filter. Just my .02

Got one on my 426, $1.95 at the local track's shop. The only problem is cutting the hose AND cover in the same place, then trim xtra on the cover so the clamps fit.

After too many crap in the gas experiences...

What do you mean by "crap in the gas experiences"? Are you getitng contaminated pump gas? :ride:

What do you mean by "crap in the gas experiences"? Are you getitng contaminated pump gas? :ride:

Not sure if it came from the pump or my 5gal can, but after a recent fill up at the local Texaco both my YZ's had trash in the carbs and ran like crap on the same ride. (me on one bike and my son on the other)

I've cleaned the carburator on one bike and the other seemed to blow it through. Now I've put a fuel filter in line on both bikes just to be sure.

I run one on my 426. I had to get longer lines and zip tie it to the frame in order 2 keep it tucked in.

Hey Goose,

I have an extra or two in my basement. I got them from RMC for @ $1-2. Do you remember the time at Brushy when I kept getting my pilot jet clogged and could not ride? I got them shortly after that.

PM me your address and I will try to get one sent to you this week. You can try it and see if it fits. :thumbsup:

http://www.rockymountainatv.com/productDetail.do?prodFamilyId=3037&navTitle=Intake%2FFuel&webCatId=16&pageLinkUri=&vehicleType=&webTypeId=60&navType=type

Hey Goose,

I have an extra or two in my basement. I got them from RMC for @ $1-2. Do you remember the time at Brushy when I kept getting my pilot jet clogged and could not ride? I got them shortly after that.

PM me your address and I will try to get one sent to you this week. You can try it and see if it fits. :thumbsup:

http://www.rockymountainatv.com/productDetail.do?prodFamilyId=3037&navTitle=Intake%2FFuel&webCatId=16&pageLinkUri=&vehicleType=&webTypeId=60&navType=type

Thanks Daniel but I already got a couple and put them on both bikes. Had a great ride at Brown yesterday, wish you could'a come.

No problem. :thumbsup:

I would have liked to have been there but I spent the evening riding with my son and nephew. Maybe we can get hooked up soon.