yz450f or crf250x in the woods

i am very curious as to what u guys say i have heard lots of diffrent stuff

I like my moms 04 250x but the valve issue just kills me. I wouldn't want to drop a valve 10 miles out in the woods. That and the 06 YZ450F is the best bike right know. I love mine. I would take my 06 450 over my moms 250x anyday.

i guess alot would depend on your size and ability :ride: big a$$ crazy mo fo's like me can handle a 450 in the woods,some can't :ride:

I love my 450 in the woods, though the suspension is a tad stiff. The X is a great bike and a lot of fun, except that it feels terribly underpowered especially trying to climb hills.

Why would you what a YZ and not WR if your looking at trail and woods riding? As far as engine size, it's cheaper to ride the 450 stock and choked up then to try to power up the 250X.

Why would you what a YZ and not WR if your looking at trail and woods riding?

YZ's make an infinately better woods bike than WR's. Lighter, faster and more nimble. All they need are new gearing, guards and maybe a flywheel weight. Everyone I know that rides a YZ in the woods came off a WR and won't look back.

YZ's make an infinately better woods bike than WR's. Lighter, faster and more nimble. All they need are new gearing, guards and maybe a flywheel weight. Everyone I know that rides a YZ in the woods came off a WR and won't look back.

word :ride:

I had an 04 crf250 and had valve issues after both hare scrambles. that little motor works too hard.... My 06 LE 450 is much faster and handles better in the woods and track.