HEADS UP!!!

Site upgrade in progress... Core site functions are working, but some non-critical features/functions will be temporarily unavailable while we work to restore them over the next couple of weeks.

Please post any bugs you encounter, but before you do, check to see if it's already listed.

Thanks for your patience while we work to improve the community.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
BIG TDM

put a yz fly wheel on a 04 wr 450?

7 posts in this topic

I want to put a lighter fly wheel on my 04 wr 450. can you just get a fly wheel off a yz and put if on there? if so what year and size? and has anyone out there done this, and what kind of results have you seen? :ride::ride:

the wr and yz have different ignition designs. they don't interchange. do a search but look for something along the line of "lighter flywheel". i think trailtech makes one but it's only a few ounces lighter. are you still using your e-start? if not you can remove the starter clutch from the back of the flywheel and take a few ounces off.

yes I STILL WANT TO UES E BUTTOM JUST NEED IT TO WIND OP FASTER. AND I WOULD LIKE TO GET RID OF ALOT OF ENG. BREAKING. CHANGER THE GEARING BUT NEED IT TO WIND FASTER.

turn off the caps lock. no reason to yell at me. just trying to help. do the search. if i remember the thread, the only solution was the trail tech flywheel. even that was only about 4 oz. lighter.

My new Trailtech catalog has a 6-oz lighter one. But that only gets you about half way down to a YZ. Give Trailtech a call and see what they can do for you...

if you add a decent pipe, open the airbox, unplug the grey wire and jet it correctly it will spin up plenty fast - it is a WR, not a YZ. You can get it close but it was still built as a WR.

If it had no button, no battery, less flywheel weight, way open airbox, de-restricted pipe, racing timing, racing cams and a close ratio gearbox it would spin up faster still - it would also pretty much be a YZ

Maybe you want one of those?