HEADS UP!!!

Site upgrade in progress... Core site functions are working, but some non-critical features/functions will be temporarily unavailable while we work to restore them over the next couple of weeks.

Please post any bugs you encounter, but before you do, check to see if it's already listed.

Thanks for your patience while we work to improve the community.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Falls A Lot

IMS Footpeg Install Question

6 posts in this topic

Anyone else have trouble to fit the washer back in? The one that goes between the cotter pin and the footpeg? Thought I would ask before I hack something togther.

Just lightly squeeze the peg sides together with visegrips. Adjust them so they just barely lock. Makes the pin easy to get in.

Good idea Thorpey. No washers in mine and they have a tendancy to rattle when ideling.

Thanks for the tip. I will put the squeeze on them. Might also grind off some of the cast-in numbers that prevent the washer from sitting flat.

Just lightly squeeze the peg sides together with visegrips. Adjust them so they just barely lock. Makes the pin easy to get in.

I would think that would put alot of pressure on the cotterpin. I'de hate to have the pin break and lose a footpeg. I just ground the washers down to be thinner. Works well, and no undo pressure on the pins.