Play in Front Brake Disk

I have a small amount of play in the disk on a 2006 YZ450F. If I lock the front brake the front tire will shift back and forth slightly. It seems that the play is coming from where the disK that hits the pad is riveted to the part that is secured to the bike. Do these typically loosen like this? Is this at all normal? I can't believe I would have to replace the disk after only 6 months of riding. Thanks for any input.

it's normal

I can shift mine back and forth just a tiny bit too, so I guess it's normal.

it is called a floating rotor for a reason

it is called a floating rotor for a reason

It is called a floating disc because it floats from side to side not back and forth, however a little play is expected. It doesnt effect your stopping at all.

It's designed to be loose so that it doesn't warp, it's normal. It'll last you at least a couple hundred hours, maybe even five hundred.

It is called a floating disc because it floats from side to side not back and forth, however a little play is expected. It doesnt effect your stopping at all.
It's designed to be loose so that it doesn't warp, it's normal. It'll last you at least a couple hundred hours, maybe even five hundred.

How do you know when there is too much play? There is only 100 hours on my bike and I don't want to replace anything unless it is necessary (sorry to bring up an old thread).

Its normal. I had an EBC floating rotor and it was pretty sloppy.