Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
racer511

Looking to move up.

7 posts in this topic

My question is this. should i cough up the money to buy an 07 yz250f or spend the 1000 dollars to fix my dads clapped out yz426f? :ride::ride:

it depends on what your looking for. if you want to fork up less money and have a bigger bike fix the 426. Or if you want a new bike get the 250. But i have been hearing some good deals on 06's now. You could buy a 450. IMO i might just fix the old bike but thats just me.

i guess what i want to know is if it is worth the 6000 for the aluminum frame and triple s suspension?

Hmmm, yzf426's are pretty much the sh*t IMHO but wouldnt it just make more sense to pay 1/6 the cost of a new bike and have a much more powerful bike? Seems like an easy descision to me, but to each his own. Ride safe.

thanx i think i will go with the 426. how many of you have had problems with kick starter gears breaking in the 426?

wouldnt it just make more sense to pay 1/6 the cost of a new bike and have a much more powerful bike?

HUH??? A 426 is much more powerful bike than a new 450???

HUH??? A 426 is much more powerful bike than a new 450???

I wish..... but in the original post he was talking about either fixing up his dad's 426 or getting an '07 250f. I would go with the 426 unless you are a competitive racer and need to have the most current technology. I just like having a lot of bike for little money. :ride: