HEADS UP!!!

Site upgrade in progress... Core site functions are working, but some non-critical features/functions will be temporarily unavailable while we work to restore them over the next couple of weeks.

Please post any bugs you encounter, but before you do, check to see if it's already listed.

Thanks for your patience while we work to improve the community.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
revolucien

another good check...

7 posts in this topic

Just wanted to post this cause it feels good when you make the right choice..

I bought my '04 yz450f in November 2003. I have changed the oil and cleaned the air filter semi regularly. I have also beat the piss out of this bike and me being 6'5" 250lbs, it might be a little tougher on the bike than the average rider. I have raced the bike, bounced off the rev limiter and let the bike bounce on several occaisions from missed jump attempts. I just took the bike in for a service and first valve check and..... perfect! in factory specs, and no adjustments needed. I watch friends riding or not riding(cause they are in the shop getting a 10-hour valve adjust or replacement) other bikes and I'm glad I made the right choice- the guys at Yamaha are to be commended for an excellent product, and if you chose a Yamaha congrats on a good purchase!

P.S. my next bike will probably be an Aprilia RXV 450 because it looks like a bad ass bike, AND I don't need another Yamaha cause this one still works great. :ride:

The last review I read of the Aprilia didn't sound so great...I can't remember what Mag I read the review in (recent issue), but the bike had terrible wheel spin.

I'm actually looking at the Aprilia for a SuperMotard bike so it should be alright.

The last review I read of the Aprilia didn't sound so great...I can't remember what Mag I read the review in (recent issue), but the bike had terrible wheel spin.

I guess that's what happens when you overpower the back tire....dang, what a horrible problem to contend with!!!! LOL

It is a problem when racing MX......just look at the 2003 Yz450f, compared to the 2006 model. A huge hit is fun, but better managed application of power leads to shorter lap times.