another good check...

Just wanted to post this cause it feels good when you make the right choice..

I bought my '04 yz450f in November 2003. I have changed the oil and cleaned the air filter semi regularly. I have also beat the piss out of this bike and me being 6'5" 250lbs, it might be a little tougher on the bike than the average rider. I have raced the bike, bounced off the rev limiter and let the bike bounce on several occaisions from missed jump attempts. I just took the bike in for a service and first valve check and..... perfect! in factory specs, and no adjustments needed. I watch friends riding or not riding(cause they are in the shop getting a 10-hour valve adjust or replacement) other bikes and I'm glad I made the right choice- the guys at Yamaha are to be commended for an excellent product, and if you chose a Yamaha congrats on a good purchase!

P.S. my next bike will probably be an Aprilia RXV 450 because it looks like a bad ass bike, AND I don't need another Yamaha cause this one still works great. :ride:

They sure are great as far as reliability...

The last review I read of the Aprilia didn't sound so great...I can't remember what Mag I read the review in (recent issue), but the bike had terrible wheel spin.

I'm actually looking at the Aprilia for a SuperMotard bike so it should be alright.

excellent! But don't post this anywhere near the other thumper forums! :ride:

The last review I read of the Aprilia didn't sound so great...I can't remember what Mag I read the review in (recent issue), but the bike had terrible wheel spin.

I guess that's what happens when you overpower the back tire....dang, what a horrible problem to contend with!!!! LOL

It is a problem when racing MX......just look at the 2003 Yz450f, compared to the 2006 model. A huge hit is fun, but better managed application of power leads to shorter lap times.