Hey Yamaha, give us this!!

I can put myself in the chair of a Yamaha marketing guy, and after altering my bike slightly and listening to others on this forum, you marketing guys should design a bike that is between the YZ and the WR, like KTM did. Take a YZ, put on the WR suspention, leave off the starter, battery and the added weight(gosh, that hurt) leave off the headlight and leave the YZ timing. Add the WR flywheel weight. Keep the YZ exhaust, add an OEM sparky insert and a removable silent insert. Add barkbusers. The bike would be cheap to produce, and many would buy it. Keep the WR, for sure, but I see a niche market that would be very popular.

Don't get me wrong, I love my WR, but a woods bike that is as light and as fast as a YZ would be pretty cool. Kick starting the newer bikes is pretty easy, as much as I would hate to give up my e-start, I would... I guess.

P.S., don't forget to add EFI!!

XRYoda'

I can put myself in the chair of a Yamaha marketing guy, and after altering my bike slightly and listening to others on this forum, you marketing guys should design a bike that is between the YZ and the WR, like KTM did. Take a YZ, put on the WR suspention, leave off the starter, battery and the added weight(gosh, that hurt) leave off the headlight and leave the YZ timing. Add the WR flywheel weight. Keep the YZ exhaust, add an OEM sparky insert and a removable silent insert. Add barkbusers. The bike would be cheap to produce, and many would buy it. Keep the WR, for sure, but I see a niche market that would be very popular.

Don't get me wrong, I love my WR, but a woods bike that is as light and as fast as a YZ would be pretty cool. Kick starting the newer bikes is pretty easy, as much as I would hate to give up my e-start, I would... I guess.

P.S., don't forget to add EFI!!

XRYoda'

Look at the new SX 450 and 505 KTM's for a light bike with e-start! It can be done!

You have just described what, a YZ with heavy flywheel and soft suspension.

Why don't you just buy a YZ??? I did.

If you want the extra flywheel weight, it is only US$100 for GYTR offroad flywheel, and easy job to change. As for suspension, stock never suits anyone perfectly, so get revalve and new springs if needed. Barkbusters are cheap.

Reading the other threads, a few disbelievers don't want a YZ. :ride: