650r won't start

Changed the jets to 175 and 68s as recommended. Moved the clip to the 4th position on needle. All done today. Already has larger can outlet from previous owner. I've kicked that SOB until I got cramps. Waited awhile, tried again. Pulled the plug, drained the carb, still nothing. Tons of gas, good spark. Even tapped the side of the carb in the event of a stuck float. Always started within two to three kicks cold before today. Any recommendations? Guess I'm going to have to disassemble it again.

Here are some things to look at (don't be offended but these weren't mentioned in your post):

Has the restricted intake manifold been replaced with the HRC intake or been modified?

Has the rubber snorkel and plastic plate been removed from the airbox?

Does the throttle seem to have its complete range of motion?

Did you change the pilot setting on the carb?

Does the bike seem like it's flooded? Does it pop at all when you kick it?

Here are some things to look at (don't be offended but these weren't mentioned in your post):

Has the restricted intake manifold been replaced with the HRC intake or been modified? Yes

Has the rubber snorkel and plastic plate been removed from the airbox? Yes

Does the throttle seem to have its complete range of motion? Yes

Did you change the pilot setting on the carb? About 1 3/4 turns out

Does the bike seem like it's flooded? Does it pop at all when you kick it? Possible. Almost seemed to want to fire up a couple of times.

I'll pull the carb in the morning and re-check everything.

Texrick:

I sent you a pm about this, but in case you haven't seen it, just check your idle setting before you tear the bike down again. Dollars to doughnuts thats the problem.

Got your pm 767. Sent one back.

Fiddled with it this morning. Removed, and re-assembled the carb. Didn't find anything wrong. Put it all together and finally got it running. Still don't know what the problem was. Guess it's irrelevent now. Of course it just started pouring down rain here so the full-on test ride wiill have to wait a bit.

Thanks all.

Did you turn the idle screw at all?..I had that problem after I did all the mods..just had to turn the idle up a touch.

As others have pointed out, if the idle setting is too low they can be a bastard to start, if it doe snot lightoff within a couple of kicks always try giving it a hair of throttle..usually does the trick, especially on hot engines.