New XR600R

Or you could have just posted the link from supermotojunkie. :ride:

http://www.supermotojunkie.com/showthread.php?t=18311&page=2

I remember back in the early 90's, some guys would come out to Limon Colorado for the qualifiers on really tricked out XR600R's. They were fast as all hell through the special test on those pigs.

I didn't want to do that because after the initial hackfest, I didn;t want these guys over there...

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

There's tons of people off TT over there as well.

Either way, a free bike is ALWAYS good. I got a 1971 Trail 90 from some guy for free. 700 miles on it and 2 days worth of work and I had a sweet little ride.

Have fun with the bike.

Well damn, I just got the pictures uploaded and they're already up on SMjunkie. Ah well. :ride:

For the record, it's the way that you came about describing your situation that just screamed 'troll' and gathered the response it did. When someone comes out of nowhere claiming to have what would be a one of a kind bike that their friend miraculously gave to them for free, with more bling than most could imagine, then he dissapears for over a week with no pictures and re-emerges claiming he couldn't bring his computer to a top-secret site which is the reason there aren't any pictures, it's awfully fishy. Got to remember: This is the internet, and there are dozens of 13 year olds posting far fetched crap for every one decent individual that was fortunate like yourself. Unfortunately, you were preceded by the likes of the WR450f kid, so I for one wasn't expecting much.

That said, congratulations on your new ride. It's an awsome mount that any of us would be envious of. I'm glad to hear that it is in fact real, as thumpers are the passion of many around here, be it liquid or air cooled, and it's always nice to see how far they can be taken. Hopefully as you get a chance to clean it up and get a good idea of what has been done to the bike, you will share what you find with the rest of us. Either way, get it out and take it for a spin. :ride:

Edit: For the benefit of those without SMjunkie accounts:

desert_XR_1.jpg

USD_2.jpg

big_fins.jpg

You missed my point... I never ever hacked on you... I am the one always getting hacked on for my love of my XR600R... I even offered to host your pictures for you... The days of talk, talk, talk and no pictures was annoying... It's the INTERNET... It all about PICTURES !

Your thread took a bath because it was a big tease to many and you are getting all supersensitive. I'm sorry everyone couldn't hold their enthusiasm for you over a text description of your bike.

I just hope you enjoy yours as much as I have enjoyed mine.

Well thank you for your response, I do appreciate it and I apologize for the statement that you were one of those hacking on me, but from the way you offered to host my pics, and under the circumstances it seemed like "ill host your pictures buddy" was along the lines of the other two guys who were definitely offending me and the bike. I am not super sensitive, in fact, it took quite a bit more hacking to get me pissed off compared to what I have seen before. And, I never threatened anyone or called anyone names like some lame ass people do when they get offended. Thanks for your support of the XR600 it is one of the greatest bikes ever produced in my opinion.

Well damn, I just got the pictures uploaded and they're already up on SMjunkie. Ah well. :ride:

For the record, it's the way that you came about describing your situation that just screamed 'troll' and gathered the response it did. When someone comes out of nowhere claiming to have what would be a one of a kind bike that their friend miraculously gave to them for free, with more bling than most could imagine, then he dissapears for over a week with no pictures and re-emerges claiming he couldn't bring his computer to a top-secret site which is the reason there aren't any pictures, it's awfully fishy. Got to remember: This is the internet, and there are dozens of 13 year olds posting far fetched crap for every one decent individual that was fortunate like yourself. Unfortunately, you were preceded by the likes of the WR450f kid, so I for one wasn't expecting much.

That said, congratulations on your new ride. It's an awsome mount that any of us would be envious of. I'm glad to hear that it is in fact real, as thumpers are the passion of many around here, be it liquid or air cooled, and it's always nice to see how far they can be taken. Hopefully as you get a chance to clean it up and get a good idea of what has been done to the bike, you will share what you find with the rest of us. Either way, get it out and take it for a spin. :ride:

Edit: For the benefit of those without SMjunkie accounts:

desert_XR_1.jpg

USD_2.jpg

big_fins.jpg

DAMN NARU! Im actually blown away with the response! I WAS actually at Los Alamos Labs, in a classified area, where I go quite often. It is not, beleive me, somewhere you can even take a cel phone, especially a computer. Thanks for the kind words and support. I now retract anything nasty I said about you! Thanks again for the offor to host, and to host them for all to see that I am not a "troll".

If you decide to give it a modern face lift you can get a killer looking graphics kit and matching seat cover on eBay made by Doxo Graphics... I bought the all gray silver kit for my dual sport XR650L and the red kit for my XR600R... They have a blue kit too:

Red Kit

xr_600_rojo.jpg

Blue Kit

70.jpg

Gray Kit

71.jpg

Then they have this new black kit:

99xr400r_windows1024x768_ho.jpg

DAMN NARU! Im actually blown away with the response! I WAS actually at Los Alamos Labs, in a classified area, where I go quite often. It is not, beleive me, somewhere you can even take a cel phone, especially a computer. Thanks for the kind words and support. I now retract anything nasty I said about you! Thanks again for the offor to host, and to host them for all to see that I am not a "troll".

I hear ya on that; my wife spent some time there on the way to getting her PHD, and she went through the same troubles. If you were a troll you probably would have said you were at Area 51 and a couple of aliens jacked your laptop in the night after a LAN party, so I'll believe you. :ride:

Once again though, it is nice to see a custom bike like that. I'm a huge big-single fan, and this is on the upper end of those bikes. With major manufacturers all but killing off bikes like the XR's for smaller displacement higher revving bikes, bikes like this are that much more special.

By the way, I probably missed it, but what are you planning on doing with it? Keeping it in desert garb, setting it up for trails, turning it into an SM... ? All the possibilities... :ride:

With this one I think I'll just keep it to a total restoration of what it is. I allready have an XR600R supermoto, hey can I send ya a pic to post of it? :ride: So, I think Ill try to make this one back to like it just got finished being built, like all new paint where there is paint, re-finish the cases, since they're mag cases. And get a new seat cover and foam. I may look for some graphics like those Bolt suggested (thanks Bolt!) but most graphics look funny on huge tanks...ya know the fit. Or have some made I design like the ones I put on my SuMo. I will probably also send the pipe off to get re-jet hot coated, and of course get new DOT knobbies and a chain, and all the bolts nuts in stainless so itll never again rust. I am about to start working on it this weekend after a short trip to Te Has and back in one day. First Im going to remove the wheels and have the bearings replaced with quality ones, and true the rims, then re finish the hubs. I have allot of work ahead, but you kow, for me thats half the fun of motorcycles. I remember all the times I work on my bikes the same as all the times riding them.

If you decide to give it a modern face lift you can get a killer looking graphics kit and matching seat cover on eBay made by Doxo Graphics... I bought the all gray silver kit for my dual sport XR650L and the red kit for my XR600R... They have a blue kit too:

Red Kit

xr_600_rojo.jpg

Blue Kit

70.jpg

Gray Kit

71.jpg

Then they have this new black kit:

99xr400r_windows1024x768_ho.jpg

Hey! I love the black one for my Supermoto! I have to buy a new tank from Clarke in black for it.

Just so you know the Doxo graphics I recieved had to be cut to fit my stock tank and were full coverage for my desert tank... I was in shock and pleasantly surprised that they make them big enough for any tank...
Thats great because the tank on my supermoto is an Acerbis 4.5 gallon desert tank. The one on the other one is like 7 or 8 gallons it looks like....I think Ill try as hard as I can to make this one look period. I love old school, it is cool. I may do period, or totally desert camo it out, digital desert camo on the plastic....and paint the motor flat or satin tan on the cases and OD on the cylender and head....then have the swingarm anodized green.....and the hubs green.

See if this works...heres the link to a pic of my Supermoto and a few more of the desertsled....I need to buy the new tank because the paint wont stay on the plastic Acerbis one. The new one will be black so all Ill have to do is buy some of those zoot graphics you turned me onto!

http://supermotojunkie.com/showthread.php?t=18335

PS: mines the one under Sniper X, not Kubiak, although Id love to also have Kubiaks XR6fiddyELL!

dual_sport.gif

MAN! Those graphics are SWEET! Ill have to gofor the black ones for the Supermoto right away. I am picking up my wheels from getting new tyres today got Distanzias again and tok off the Perelli Diablos and sold them. LOVE the Distanzias, had em on my super trick MX, and have them as of today on the XR600R-SM supermoto. Man they look sweet, and work better tna anything else if a brotha rides both dirt and street. Thanks, and I look forward to seeing more on the project Duo Sport! You teased me big time with the goodie shots!!! Is that a Mikuni or Keihin?

If you were a troll you probably would have said you were at Area 51 and a couple of aliens jacked your laptop in the night after a LAN party, so I'll believe you.

Actually that is soo funny because when we pulled in and I saw the sign saying TA-51 meaning Tech Area 51 I started to laugh! Thats exactly where I was! And I think thats pretty funny and ironic. When we got inside the area and I was signing in I asked "Now, does this area exist or not, just want to know the protocal!" they didn,t think it was funny.