Engine Oil

What engine oil is recommended for the YZ450?

I am using mine for supermotard. :ride:

ahhhhhhhhhhhhh another oil thread!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :ride::banana::p

quick answer from the Oil Guru's -

the oil experts here seem to all agree buy the cheapest oil that will work and change it often...Shell Rotella at Walmart............. :ride:

my answer -

As a non oil expert and not willing to argue my point....I use Amsoil Synthetic 4stroke motocycle oil..............change every 3-4hrs riding and I am happy with it. :ride:

As a non oil expert and not willing to argue my point....

hilarious :ride:

I asked for some oil for my bike, the guy gave me a case of Yamalube 10W-50 I said alright, Ill take it, I also have a mix of Yamalube 10W-30 and 10W-40 just for the weather. I change it every 5 hours, oil filter every 10.

Somebody needs to write a book on this topic. Maybe Jay will do it. A quick search will provide hours of entertaining reading on the topic.

Somebody needs to write a book on this topic. Maybe Jay will do it. A quick search will provide hours of entertaining reading on the topic.

LMAO! :ride:

what a controversial subject. I met Gray arguing about oil....maybe it is a good thing this internet forum stuff! :ride::ride::ride:

Here is a link to the most comprehensive oil test I have ever seen published in a motorcycle mag.

http://www.sportrider.com/tech/146_0310_oil/

Sorry the insert hyperlink feature is not working.

what a controversial subject. I met Gray arguing about oil....maybe it is a good thing this internet forum stuff! :banana::ride::ride:
We were "discussing" the subject. Good to have you back on the 4 stroke side, BTW :ride:

Gray.....I still have my smoker...I just like hanging around the Yamaha thumper forums :ride:

I still have my smoker...
I know, but that doesn't change what I said. :ride:

When are you getting your '06? :ride:

you mean 08..... :ride:

you mean 08..... :ride:

you can probably get an '06 for a good price now... :ride:

i use 10w 40 summer and 10w30 winter.

What's your point? :ride:

Yeah and on the other thread you said that sometimes you don't use any. Even 2 dollar a quart 20w 50 is better than that..