HEADS UP!!!

Site upgrade in progress... Core site functions are working, but some non-critical features/functions will be temporarily unavailable while we work to restore them over the next couple of weeks.

Please post any bugs you encounter, but before you do, check to see if it's already listed.

Thanks for your patience while we work to improve the community.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
sthedreem

Engine Oil

17 posts in this topic

ahhhhhhhhhhhhh another oil thread!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :ride::banana::p

quick answer from the Oil Guru's -

the oil experts here seem to all agree buy the cheapest oil that will work and change it often...Shell Rotella at Walmart............. :ride:

my answer -

As a non oil expert and not willing to argue my point....I use Amsoil Synthetic 4stroke motocycle oil..............change every 3-4hrs riding and I am happy with it. :ride:

As a non oil expert and not willing to argue my point....

hilarious :ride:

I asked for some oil for my bike, the guy gave me a case of Yamalube 10W-50 I said alright, Ill take it, I also have a mix of Yamalube 10W-30 and 10W-40 just for the weather. I change it every 5 hours, oil filter every 10.

Somebody needs to write a book on this topic. Maybe Jay will do it. A quick search will provide hours of entertaining reading on the topic.

Somebody needs to write a book on this topic. Maybe Jay will do it. A quick search will provide hours of entertaining reading on the topic.

LMAO! :ride:

what a controversial subject. I met Gray arguing about oil....maybe it is a good thing this internet forum stuff! :ride::ride::ride:

what a controversial subject. I met Gray arguing about oil....maybe it is a good thing this internet forum stuff! :banana::ride::ride:
We were "discussing" the subject. Good to have you back on the 4 stroke side, BTW :ride:

I still have my smoker...
I know, but that doesn't change what I said. :ride:

When are you getting your '06? :ride:

you mean 08..... :ride:

you can probably get an '06 for a good price now... :ride:

i use 10w 40 summer and 10w30 winter.

Yeah and on the other thread you said that sometimes you don't use any. Even 2 dollar a quart 20w 50 is better than that..