HEADS UP!!!

Site upgrade in progress... Core site functions are working, but some non-critical features/functions will be temporarily unavailable while we work to restore them over the next couple of weeks.

Please post any bugs you encounter, but before you do, check to see if it's already listed.

Thanks for your patience while we work to improve the community.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
temptation2003

Whats Your WR450's Top Speed

54 posts in this topic

Well I finally put on new front/back tires along with new chain and 15/48 sprockets, This along with the JD jet kit I just put in and FMF Titanium Powercore exhaust Make this Bike SCREAMMM :banana::ride::ride: And I LOVE it. Anyway I maxed out speed wise with my brother (him driving yamaha crotch rocket) along side me and it was 106mph top end on blacktop..Nice..! Now I'm not saying I drive this fast always but I like the bike better now because I can cruise fire roads at 70mph without having the motor revVVVing so much. And yes it still has enough power to do roll on wheelies in first through 3rd gear. I hate to think what the bike would be like with stock gearing (14/50) after adding the jet kit and FMF pipe......Probably a WHEELIE machine!! :ride:

So anyway what are your guys top speed if you've checked??

MY BIKE 03 WR450

Mine has stock gearing. In some dry lake bed drag races, I easily got up to 82 or 83 and chickened out. It had a lot left in it. I would expect it was good for over 90 mph.

My '03 WR would hit 100mph on the road easily with stock gearing. I don't want to find out what is the top speed on dirt!

While on the pavement did you have any hub/chain problems? I did on my 04 WR450, tightened up and vibrations galore. That was after some 15 miles at 60 or so mph (not my idea, had to...running with dual sport gang). Hub or bearing issues I reckon..hear or experince either?

While on the pavement did you have any hub/chain problems? I did on my 04 WR450, tightened up and vibrations galore. That was after some 15 miles at 60 or so mph (not my idea, had to...running with dual sport gang). Hub or bearing issues I reckon..hear or experince either?

When i first bought my 03 WR 450 and rode it for about 50 miles on the pavement, all the bolts of the rear sprocket came loose. I locktited them and i didn't have any problems since then.

So far I havent had any Hub or bearing problems and I've ridden it quite a bit... They really are a well built bike!

My WR 444 will do 96mph in the dirt. The rear tire starts to slip a bit and won't push the bike any faster. 104mph on the street with 14/45. Both GPS verified. I need a KTM or XR to go any faster.

my 06 with stock gearing will top out at 143 km/h (around 90mph) and she's screaming then and not going any faster, however it's not at the rev limiter either.

you will get way more when you cut off your throttle stop and finally allow the bike to go full throttle.

'06 Stock gearing, free mods & PMB insert @ 5000' +/- hit 74mph on dirt/ gravel road, front end started floating, but did feel like it had plenty more to go. Quick side note, dealer cut throttle stop before I bought it, but did nothing else and never told me.

04 wr450 all free mods except cutting grey wire....

Stock exhaust with PMB insert.

Ice tires = full blown carbon spikes.

Full Throttle --- 79 MPH on the ice!!

Clocked by the same radar gun used for the sleds.

I've done nothing but the free mods and hit 75 on dirt road and blacktop. Top speeds through the woods was 63.

I hit 88 mph with my '06 WR450F last weekend on pavement. I let off cause I was running out of road to continue. Free mods done, thats it for now.

Mark

With some mods 108mph on my 03 on the road. Garmin gps and speedo checked. Never checked on the dirt as it faster than I need.

I too saw 108 mph indicated on the road. I thought there must have been an error in the speedo system! I ride a big Kawai voyager street bike too, and it just didn't feel like my 06 Yammie could actually be going that fast.