Axle blocks don't line up when put new chain on...help!

I just put a new chain on my bike, my axle block on the sprocket side is reading 4 marks out, and the one on the brake disc side reads 6. If I adjust it so they both read 4 my tire is off to the right, and not stright...

Heres what I found out...my axle block on sprocket side has 9 marks total, my axle block on my brake side has 11 marks.

So would 6 be correct for the brake side? Since 11-9=2, so difference of 2 marks...

Please help guys

Thanks.

Read from the back forward. You are reading them wrong

Back forward, so you mean from the end of swingarm up into the bike, reading towards the motor, not towards the end of the tire/end of bike.

Thanks, that was the problem!

YOU MEAN TO TELL ME IVE BEEN READING THEM WRONG THE WHOLE TIME?.....oh crap...

this is the one thing i don't like that i have found on mine. not only is there a different number and you need to read it from the back but the axle doesn't but right up against the block and when you tighten it, it marks up the aluminum and makes a groove. i have seen one that was miss shaped from tightening it too much. i think im going to invest in some axle blocks the aftermarket ones i was looking at had the right amount of slots on each side.

Read from the back forward. You are reading them wrong
Absolutely right. The drive side block is different.
this is the one thing i don't like that i have found on mine. not only is there a different number and you need to read it from the back but the axle doesn't but right up against the block and when you tighten it, it marks up the aluminum and makes a groove. i have seen one that was miss shaped from tightening it too much. i think im going to invest in some axle blocks the aftermarket ones i was looking at had the right amount of slots on each side.

even the aftermarket ones are designed the same. They are just longer on the front so you dont have to adjust the adjusters so far out.

chainadjuster.jpg

these look like they have the same number of slots 13&13 and they look like the hold the axle better. plus they are only 20 bucks

tus_06_axe_blo_yz.jpg

The drive side block is different.

Why is the drive side different shouldn't they both have the same number of marks, makes sense :ride:

i have the red tusk axle blocks(pictured a couple up) on my 06 yz450 and they look and work trick...

Yeah, I did notice the "groove" in mine from tightening it down, although I did use a torque wrench, to the spec 90lbs. So it's all good. I got them all lined up now and stuff guys, thanks for your help.

i have the red tusk axle blocks(pictured a couple up) on my 06 yz450 and they look and work trick...

i just ordered them last night you really cant beat that price.

yeah, they are dirt cheap.

I picked up a set of the GTYR blocks. They look trick & feel a little lighter than the stock ones too.

OK, so which one goes on which side. I better check mine!!!

Dont use the blocks. I still have stock chain and gears on my 2005, and I dont like to lube them. Roll the tire and make shure the chain is directly in the middle of the rear gear.Msr makes this tool http://www.motosport.com/product.jsp?path=-1|5733&id=215058. If you set it up with this it will last a long long time. I bought an xring chain and sprocket for a 94 yz250 and set it up with this. I then used the same chain and sprocket on my 2000 yz250 , and again used both an a yx250f. by the time I sold the 2002 the sprocket and chain were still good.

OK, so which one goes on which side. I better check mine!!!

they should only go on one way, the oval hole goes sprocket side..

Will the aftermarket axle blocks allow the axle to turn, and will they bend them or are they stronger?