HEADS UP!!!

Site upgrade in progress... Core site functions are working, but some non-critical features/functions will be temporarily unavailable while we work to restore them over the next couple of weeks.

Please post any bugs you encounter, but before you do, check to see if it's already listed.

Thanks for your patience while we work to improve the community.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
jlsiowa

YZ vs WR for desert/woods mix

1 post in this topic

Hi all, I would appreciate some help on this. I had an 01 (?) YZ426 that was loaded up for desert riding and I absolutely loved it. I did the BK mod, had all the guards, stabilizer , pipe, larger tank, etc. Then in 03 I sold it :ride: (and sold a lot of the parts to you all on TT). I have been out of it since then. I used my 426 for everything from high mountain woods to desert and the only thing I wanted to change was to add a little flywheel weight.

Now I am considering getting back into riding and would like some advice. I currently am in Kansas :ride: , which means minimal riding to begin with, but what is available will be woodsy (no dez here!), especially since I don't ride MX at all! However, I am planning to move back to Utah or Idaho hopefully soon :ride: and will be back to a mix of mountain and desert.

So, my question is this: What would be better? A WR with all the mods to open her up (I'd like to lose the battery and E-start too!) or a YZ with the necessary mods to make her woods/desert ready. I will most likely be riding sand, desert, and high mountain trails back in Utah and Idaho with it.