2003 vs. 2006

xe.com

Hey Way Fast Whitey, you could always take a drive over to Alberta pick up a bike over there only have to pay 7% for tax instead of 14% just an idea, although gas might not equal out.

Hey Way Fast Whitey, you could always take a drive over to Alberta pick up a bike over there only have to pay 7% for tax instead of 14% just an idea, although gas might not equal out.

well half the tax is $500, the gas will be more than $500, let alone a place to sleep for 1, maybe 2 nights, and food. nah.

thanks anyway :ride:

Yes the 06 is so much better than the previous models it is not funny. I also like to do more than 5 minutes riding at a time so the smooth 06 motor (& suspension & light weight) allows me to do this & ride a lot more agressively.

I bought my 06 with different bars & front tyre for AU$10500 OTD, rec retail was AU$11490 when first released!! Man I would like to have some of those US$ over here

Yes the 06 is so much better than the previous models it is not funny. I also like to do more than 5 minutes riding at a time so the smooth 06 motor (& suspension & light weight) allows me to do this & ride a lot more agressively.

I bought my 06 with different bars & front tyre for AU$10500 OTD, rec retail was AU$11490 when first released!! Man I would like to have some of those US$ over here

yes, i would like to buy a new bike for $5500 as well. :ride:

grey, you usually are right, but come on when I bought my 06, I was like where is the WHAM that the 03 had? Remember? I guess the new bike is just totally deceiving, but the older yz's hit so hard.......I really do miss it... I hope yamaha puts that two stroke hit back in it!
As I said, the hit of the '03 is a lot more of a thrill than an asset. Nevertheless, you might be interested to know that the Dr.D full system puts a noticeable amount of snap into the power delivery, particularly in the low and mid-range.

I ran my '03 against my '06 on pavement, and it was absolutely dead even...until the '06 started to pull on top.

The lack of a brutal hit that requires constant mental effort to manage makes the '06 easier to ride, and reduces mistakes and rider fatigue. The idea that it's slow or soft is a complete slight of hand; a frankly brilliant illusion. MX isn't about roost, it's about low lap times. That's what the '06 does.

The lack of a brutal hit that requires constant mental effort to manage makes the '06 easier to ride, and reduces mistakes and rider fatigue. The idea that it's slow or soft is a complete slight of hand; a frankly brilliant illusion. MX isn't about roost, it's about low lap times. That's what the '06 does.

:ride::ride:

Right on Gray....but I do disagree to a point...MX IS about roost LOL (especially if your friends are behind you! :ride: )

PICT0047.jpg

my XR 80 has thrown more roost than that .......j/k :ride:

WFW- if you're not a big track buff, you could save a little money by getting the 03 and then have some money for the truck. :ride:

even though i'm not 100% motocross i appriacate a bike that handles good, and that frame is dead sexy looking

huh? using what exchange rate? have you ever looked at the exchange rate? :ride:

Yes I have , and it hasn't been 1.2 for quite some time now.