HEADS UP!!!

Site upgrade in progress... Core site functions are working, but some non-critical features/functions will be temporarily unavailable while we work to restore them over the next couple of weeks.

Please post any bugs you encounter, but before you do, check to see if it's already listed.

Thanks for your patience while we work to improve the community.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
J_T

Auto Decompressor removal!

5 posts in this topic

Ok All I bit the bullet...sort of...with some down time I decided to take the head cover off Not valves but rocker assembly! and was going to remove the auto decompressor assembly! I have the manual and was wondering if the Auto decompressor is what they are calling the "Decompressor Cam" on page 8-9 or p.125 of the PDF?

What Part do I remove?

Picture 1: 1.bmp

Picture 2:2.bmp

Picture 3: 3.bmp

Where are the holes that need filling?

Thank you...I thought it would be more self-explainatory when I got into it! I guess not!

JT

I'm waiting on some parts to get here by mail order...so I thought While it was down I'd tear it apart! (I always find some thing I can do to it!) when I can't ride it!

Will everything except the timing chain Bracket be off the cam when it is finished? and all Holes beneath it be plugged? I wish I had a new cam with this one sitting in front of me! I wonder if I can scrounge up the dough! anyone have a Stage 1 they want to sell!?

dsc00766.jpg

The cam doesn't look that color in real life! its the Flash that makes it look multi-colored!

I searched the couches and under the car seats and scrounged the money for the HotCam Stage 1! Your right....I just need to put it together and ride it....NOW it will be better than ever! Thanks...No more need to fool with the Auto Decompressor!