HEADS UP!!!

Site upgrade in progress... Core site functions are working, but some non-critical features/functions will be temporarily unavailable while we work to restore them over the next couple of weeks.

Please post any bugs you encounter, but before you do, check to see if it's already listed.

Thanks for your patience while we work to improve the community.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
kawirider

This may be the wrong way to word it but.....

4 posts in this topic

I want to make my '03 YZ450F have a more CRF450R like powerband. I rode a fellow TT'ers '03 CRF450R this past saturday and I really liked the powerband on it. My bike will happily break the rear tire loose at 1/4 throttle and his bike will just grip and pull. He said that my bike would act the same if I just got a flywheel weight. So, I want to know how much I should add. All your help is appreciated!

A flywheel weight is key for every 03 YZF450...it was under weighted from yami period....

You will get all kinds of answers to which weight....

Fox MX only 4-8oz ..... DRD , GYTR, Stealthy, ZipTY all of them sell them

I settled for a 5oz GYTR - works great. :excuseme:

Remember...it ain't no CRF.....the power is more linear on the CRF and harder hitting on the YZF

Goto to the Yamaha site to GYTR section, they got flywheels for $100, and you can put the stock one back on when you need less weight

Two things:

The 8oz Dr. D flywheel (you can exchange it anytime for a lighter one, but trust me on this. it won't be a bit slower on the straights)

A Power Bomb header.

Then run your buddy's CRF out of a loose corner and see what happens.