The new 2007 WR...I don't like it!

They are a ton lighter than the WR's............

I didn't know 5 pounds constituted a ton in Australia!

Must be an imperial ton? :excuseme:

You guys are crazy. What is there not to like?

I agree.

Even though the bike is roughly the same weight, I'll be it feels much lighter than the 2006 due to the new geometry and the mass centralization. One only has to look at the difference between the 2005 and the 2006 YZ to see (feel?) that. The 2006 YZ made the 2005 seem like a tank.

I'll take the first generation aluminum framed WR in 2007, ride it for two or three years while they get the bugs out of the coming EFI models and then buy an aluminum framed EFI WR.

I'll take the first generation aluminum framed WR in 2007, ride it for two or three years while they get the bugs out of the coming EFI models and then buy an aluminum framed EFI WR.

Good plan. If I could afford it, I'd do the exact same thing. I guess I'll probably wait until EFI is out, but it's going to be difficult being patient. The new 2007 looks great!

I think that's a very smart approach. At least short term stick with a good ole fashioned serviceable and functional carb. Skip the first model year or two of the "fuel infected" models (as Triumphs noted!) and wait for a sorted version. For those of us who ride out of sight of our trucks, it might be preferable to being stranded along the trail in the middle of no-where with a packed up EFI you can't service!
IMHO the KTM 450/525 XC's still have the edge.
I hope it's a sharp edge? Maybe it can be used to cut the KTM's price....a $1500 "edge" over the WR in my parts! :excuseme:
I didn't know 5 pounds constituted a ton in Australia!

Must be an imperial ton? :excuseme:

KTM wet weight = Yamaha dry weight. That is a ton!!!

i'm very happy with my '05 until i get my '08 ... must admit that the '07 looks pretty good though and i'm sure that if there's any sorting to be done, Yamaha will get onto it straight away

i'm very happy with my '05 until i get my '08 ... must admit that the '07 looks pretty good though and i'm sure that if there's any sorting to be done, Yamaha will get onto it straight away

The '06 YZ450's kick butt straight off the bat.

There will be no worries with the '07 WR's. :ride:

Looking at the bike, one thing I really don't like is that skid plate.

It would have to come off for a new skid plate!!!

I agree with the looks issue. I don't like the looks of it. However, it does look like it will protect the bike well from flying debris. Better then the previous WR protection anyway. As for being plastic, the new plastics today are amazingly strong. But still the same I would be investing in a new steel one as well. Crush one of the aluminum down tubes on a rock and you totally loose the structural strength of the aluminum! Bad deal!!

I hope it's a sharp edge? Maybe it can be used to cut the KTM's price....a $1500 "edge" over the WR in my parts! :ride:

Sharp enough for me. Around here the KTM's are only about 10% more expensive. (and 50% better :ride: ).

if this is the direction that the yamaha bikes are going...then i almost feel like i need to find some 2004's 450's in crates, and just ferret them away in a storage container or something.

one of these days, yamaha is going to realize that the offroad guys DONT LIKE the same stuff that the bling bling MX and SX guys like.

i have no use for shiny AL frames and tiny gas tanks and pointy fenders.

i guess the new wr isnt good for people that want to dual sport it, but since i just want it for trails, i think it looks damn good with the new styling.

if this is the direction that the yamaha bikes are going...then i almost feel like i need to find some 2004's 450's in crates, and just ferret them away in a storage container or something.

one of these days, yamaha is going to realize that the offroad guys DONT LIKE the same stuff that the bling bling MX and SX guys like.

I don't agree. Every change that has been done to the bike so far has improved the parts that weren't that good. Do you honestly believe that the aluminum frame will afect negatively the handling? Come on, the Yamaha guys aren't that stupid to ruin a well handling bike. And the gas tank has 8 liter capacity. The 2005 and '06 WR's also had 8 liter gas tanks. I believe that every one likes to see his bike looking beautiful and new. And the new plastics do a great job for it! If we were opposed to every change that was made to the off road bikes we would still be riding XR's and 650 Husaberg's and Husqvarnas.

offroad guys or just you???

Offroad guys ride YZ's, not WR's. Trail riders ride WR's.

then why so many try to make wr go like yz?

maybe yamaha should call you for help with 08 model

You're a perfect candidate for a DRZ.... (not that there's anything wrong with it).

You're a perfect candidate for a DRZ.... (not that there's anything wrong with it).

ha sounds like you say he is gay

has gun and camo gear on, high possibility

I'll swap you an old POS for a new one any day!
Ummmmm, NO!!!!! get with the times man, there is a huge reason that manufacturers are going with Aluminium frames. I guess you missed that point, or have never read a review on the '06YZ450F, and how you couldn't spend enough money on an '05 YZ450F to get it to feel and handle as good as the '06. The '07 WR gets SSS suspension off you guessed it, the YZ.

Why does everyone want their bike to go like a YZ and be as light as a YZ?

I see most people like YZ mufflers!

Gas tank is same size as the '05's and '06's. Even the old WR's need aftermarket tank. KTM has pointy fenders!