The new 2007 WR...I don't like it!

...so you can say goodbye to the CRF450X being at the top of the off-road heap now!

I never knew the 450X was at the top of the off-road heap to begin with.

I like the new WR450F and with the stock Pro-Taper Bars and trick computer, they are really trying to play catch up with KTM.

The WR aluminum frame is cool, but how do you wash the mud out of those internal frame "honeycombs"?

It still looks like the 2007 Husky TEs and 2007 KTM EXCs are ahead of the game with their "street legal" status, something the Japs will probably never go for. And KTM has soo many off-road choices, whereas the Japs only have a few models to choose from.

I like it. Looks like it's finally time to update. The last couple model years have been a marked improvement but now with new Al frame, bars, freshened up bodywork, et all, the excitement factor finally gets addressed as well as traditional virtues...capable and reliable! Pretty much came in as rumored it appears, and fortunately they resisted going with Fuel infection... let them sort it out on the motosquid version first I say! Can't wait till spring.

Looks nice to me. I really like the skid plate, very functional looking..........

I wouldn't pass judgement on the new bike until you get some real feedback here. If it is anything like the '06 YZ it will be way better than before. The YZ handles like a dream compared to the WR and I ride only only woods/desert stuff. The geometry of the new frame puts the center of gravity down low and it just carves. :excuseme: I'm sure it will be choked up as before and need some mods to realize it's potential but after that I would bet it will be the best offroad bike out for '07. I also wouldn't say that Yamaha is playing catch up with KTM. Maybe in the bling category but when it comes to performance (motor/suspension) KTM still has a way to go. The '07 XC/SX line might get them a lot closer though.

-Lowedog

I never knew the 450X was at the top of the off-road heap to begin with.

Sales...its at the top of the heap in sales (at least in CA)

IMHO the 450x is at the top of the heap in the MX bikes with lights catagory

You guys are crazy. What is there not to like? No EFI, big deal if you can tune your carb it will at least be as good as what you currently have, plus they can work out the bugs. I sold my 04 WR450 and have ridden countless 04-06 WR450s to buy my CRF450X (yes I know... Blasphemy) Because with the AL frame geometry the handling on the X was sooo much better. Even though they weigh close to the same the older WR is way more top heavy. I still miss the Yami Motor and this bike has me looking to switch if it handles as good as my 450x. Everything about this new WR raises the bar. You could not possibly ask for more. I like the attention to detail like the computer, footpegs, protapers making it easy to replace the top cover to put a stabilizer on. The only thing I can complain about is the trend to go to smaller tanks most of my rides are between 50-100 miles. I really look forward to riding one.

It is sweet! The WR has a special place in my heart. Makes me want an '07 in a bad way. I don't see any mention of the AIS. Maybe they got rid of it.

I was also going to say that the carb is easier to get to on my YZ than it was on my WR.

-Lowedog

I can't believe how well the 03 wr 450 i've just bought looks and handle. Suspension is just unbelivable.

Just by the picture the WR 2007 s gonna be wonderful!!

You guys start to be really picky. But again, 4 months ago my bike was a XR 400!

i love the new WR but honeycomb frame would give me hard time washing the bike.

At first glance I thought too that it was simply an 06 with an ALuminum frame but it's got the 06 YZ motor and is ALL NEW FROM THE GOUND UP apparently!

taken from Cyclenews.com............After introducing the first aluminum-frame YZFs last year, it wasn't too surprising that Yamaha would follow that up with all-new, aluminum-frame WRs for 2007.

Like last year's YZFs, the WR250 and 450Fs (above) got the works and are completely redesigned from the ground up. They're closely based on their motocross cousins, but have been finely tweaked for enduro-type riding such as going to softer suspension settings and tuning the motor for a smoother power delivery while maintaining YZ-like overall power.

The WR has many unique, off-road-friendly features of its own, such as a quick access, tooless-entry airbox, a thicker seat, a full-coverage, wrap-around injection-molded plastic skid plate, and an enduro onboard race computer (like it did last year). The WRs also get wider footpegs, new wave disc rotors, a restyled headlight, an LED taillight, new triple clamps, a quick-adjust clutch, and reinforced radiators. Both the WR250F (below) and WR450F are green-sticker-approved for California.

Unfortunately, it’s going to be a while before we start seeing the WRs on showroom floors. The WR450F is scheduled to be released mid-October and the WR250F late November.

The 450 will carry an MSRP of $7199 and the 250 $6399.

Looks real nice!!!!!!!! :excuseme:

Not bad at all. Strange how it still weighs practically the same as 06, while they claim it to be YZ based. IMHO the KTM 450/525 XC's still have the edge.

At least they got rid of that stupid rear tail light.....man that this was ugly.

Has anyone seen the 07's WR's gear ratios? I'd like t see the primary, gearbox and secondary ratios...if their the same as the YZ now, I'll buy a YZ and save the extra weight.

My 03 WR450 is for sale - runs perfect, problem free, even had the original woodruff key, in the Denver, Co area

The primary reduction ratio is 61/23 (2.652)

The secondary reduction ratio is 50/13 (3.846)

Gear ratio : 1 29/12 (2.417)

2 26/15 (1.733)

3 21/16 (1.313)

4 21/20 (1.050)

5 21/25 (0.840)

Strange how it still weighs practically the same as 06, while they claim it to be YZ based.
Of course we all know the KTM EXC are lighter then their motocross counterparts!

i like the new tail light design!

however my next is going to wait till they get efi :excuseme: for now my 06 is fine.

John.

Of course we all know the KTM EXC are lighter then their motocross counterparts!

They are a ton lighter than the WR's............

and your WR400 must be the lightest of them all :excuseme:

Not bad at all. Strange how it still weighs practically the same as 06, while they claim it to be YZ based. IMHO the KTM 450/525 XC's still have the edge.

Excellent post... :excuseme: