Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
aaaskeety

roadworthy XR650L ?

6 posts in this topic

Howdy Ya'll,

I recently purchased a 05' XR650L with the following mods; Dynojet Stage 1 jet kit, Big Gun Exhaust , and K&N filter. The gent it was purchased from kept the stock items as part of the deal to resell. The bike seems to run fine and has plenty of power for a old fart like myself, although I have one question to pose? Would this bike be a better on-road machine w/ the stock components ?

Thanks ahead of time !

How you ride it makes a bigger difference in gas mileage, then the carb mods.

Using stock sprockets (15-45) and conservative throttle you should still get anywhere between 45-50mpg road riding :excuseme:

Thanks for all the replies ! Looking forward to traveling some old roads and finding/making some new ones.

please done make new ones. that helps get stuff closed down

Drew

Actually - uncorked on the street it runs better and lazily loafs along at 55-60MPH and also arrives at the speed easier too. Acceleration is improved and the bike runs cooler. Stock it is stuffy and inhibited, but the milage is better. I run mine about 60/40 street and dirt, it is uncorked with a dynojet main 165 and a 55 kehin pilot, White Brothers E2 pipe, Uni filter, snorkle and smog junk removed. It pulls like a freight train on steroids.