HEADS UP!!!

Site upgrade in progress... Core site functions are working, but some non-critical features/functions will be temporarily unavailable while we work to restore them over the next couple of weeks.

Please post any bugs you encounter, but before you do, check to see if it's already listed.

Thanks for your patience while we work to improve the community.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
johnnyjeep

left turn, engine revs...

6 posts in this topic

It seems that everything I have done to my bike has taken the hot start farther away from the carb, so now the rpms increase at full left turn. I have the BD D/S kit which raises the hot start a little and today I installed my pro taper bars and scotts stablizer which puts it out farther on the bars. I loosend the cable adjuster as far as it will go on top, but is there another adjustment that can be made by the carb?

John in Vegas

If you turn your bars and it raises the idle, your throttle cables might be too tight. With your bars all the way to the left, do you still have play in your throttle tube?

i would guess it's the hot start if turning bars left & throttle if turning right.I had to re-rout my hot start cable to get it right.

i would guess it's the hot start if turning bars left & throttle if turning right.I had to re-rout my hot start cable to get it right.

I just kind of figured it was the H/S, but I will check the throttle before I do anything drastic.

John in Vegas

make sure the cable isnt binded anywhere in the forks or moving when you turn the forks. make sure it has a completely free range of motion.