Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
XRYoda

I just ordered a 1.4 pound battery

8 posts in this topic

I did a bit of searching and came up with a guy who put this battery (1.4 lbs.)

http://www.zbattery.com/ub1213.html

in his WR250 and said that he can start the thing 8-10 times with it, and it rapidly recharges. I usually only use the e-start a few times a day anyways and with shipping it was $15. I have a 450, but I'd bet that I can still get 4-5n starts out of it. Anyone try this battery? It is a sealed lead acid battery. The stocker weighs 7-8 lbs, and is up high, so it is a well spent $15 if it works. I'll let you lnow how it works.

XRYoda'

Well I'm still working on it. The battery terminals are not compatable, and the new battery wires that I fashioned out of tape and bubble gum would not carry enough amperage to turn the bike over. However, when I got the battery and I held the OEM wires to the battery, it started. It will work if someone is willing to put some time into it. My buddy just bought a new Triumph 645(or what ever) and told me that he was amazed at how small the battery is. I have not seen it but it might be an easier way to shed some weight, though not as much as the tiny battery. It would probably crank way longer than the tiny battery, too.

Just an update, I got the battery in there and got it to work, man it is tempting to use but the bike JUST barely starts, it is close but I took it out. I searched for batterys online and there are many that are 3 pounds and have about twice the amps of tthis small one. That way I can still cut open the airbox next to the battery to get more air in, and still save a few pounds. I said that I would keep you informed, I did!!

Just an update, I got the battery in there and got it to work, man it is tempting to use but the bike JUST barely starts, it is close but I took it out. I searched for batterys online and there are many that are 3 pounds and have about twice the amps of tthis small one. That way I can still cut open the airbox next to the battery to get more air in, and still save a few pounds. I said that I would keep you informed, I did!!

Thanks Yoda,

I have been fallowing this thread and had hope it would of worked for weight savings grace. I have a '06 and have not had any prob's with the battery as of yet. :thumbsup: