HEADS UP!!!

Site upgrade in progress... Core site functions are working, but some non-critical features/functions will be temporarily unavailable while we work to restore them over the next couple of weeks.

Please post any bugs you encounter, but before you do, check to see if it's already listed.

Thanks for your patience while we work to improve the community.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Schreckles

New bike

12 posts in this topic

....and it's my first...i'm gonna die soon

I'm buyin an 02 YZ426 tomorrow afternoon...i'm 19 weigh just under 160 and i'm just 5'6"...i haven't ridden since i was about 10, so my death is pretty iminent...wish me luck

Oh...and any tips yall have (ridin, mods, etc) feel free to let me know before i die

wear your gear, when it doubt...pin it....dont ride faster than your guardian angel can fly, turn on the gas, and have a good time!!

Learn quickly "THE DRILL" or you'll never get it started to ride it.

Keep the rubber side down :excuseme:

Drink lots of energy drinks before you ride.......they make you go faster. :busted::excuseme:
That, I hope, was sarcasm... :bonk:

"Energy" drinks are loaded with caffeine, which is a diuretic, among other things, and will dry you out just when you need hydration the most. Furthermore, they contain quite a bit of sugar. Too much sugar to allow them to quickly empty from your stomach so the water in them can get into your system (Gatorade is guilty of this, as well).

But, back to the actual topic:

The best mod you can make to a 426 is the conversion to auto decompression by using the exhaust cam from a 450. It's reasonably inexpensive at about $100 (not including any valve shims, and assuming you don't make any mistakes in the installation), fairly easy, in spite of what I just said, and makes the bike hugely easier to live with, particularly if you're not that big.

Oh...and any tips yall have (ridin, mods, etc) feel free to let me know before i die

When you see a big hill- shift up, twist, and pray

That, I hope, was sarcasm... :excuseme:

:bonk::busted::bonk::p:p:p:lame:

Did you tell him to change is blue powerband to a yellow like the 06 LE have....That adds like an extra 10 HP.

You could go to the yellow powerband if you want 10hp but if you want 12hp and way more torque put on the yellow and black one. Also it makes ur suspension feel way better.

Dont worry about it man, just use your head. Remember that the bike only goes as fast as you make it. The 426 is my first bike and i've never even ridden anything with a clutch. No problems though. Be careful on downhills, well, at least that is what gave me the most problems.